The global oral care device market, mainly driven by an enormous patient base of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), accompanied by the technological amelioration of well-designed Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) and Tongue Retaining Devices (TRD) worldwide, was valued at $298.0 million in 2013 and is expected to reach at $714.6 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 19.1% during the forecast period.
The report on the global market for oral care devices analyzes the market under two segments: Mandibular Advancement Devices (MAD) and Tongue Retaining Devices (TRD). These segments will see substantial growth owing to the elevated momentum in awareness among caregivers and patients. The MAD segment constitutes the largest share—around 89% in terms of value—in the total oral care device industry. Even in terms of volume (units), the MAD segment holds the largest share in the market. The market has been witnessing the maximum growth because of increase in patient pool and rise in incidence of OSA.
North America accounted for the largest market share in 2012, followed by Europe. This is chiefly attributed to the increasing healthcare awareness of sleep apnea, rising disposable incomes, improving healthcare infrastructure, economic growth favored by broadening insurance coverage, and increasing obesity, adding to the pool of sleep apnea patients. According to The European Sleep Apnea Database (ESADA), by March 2014, enrolled patients reached 15,956 along with 5313 follow-up visits. Furthermore, according to the National Sleep Foundation, in 2012, around 40 million Americans were reported to suffer from chronic sleep disorders.
The oral care device market in Asia has been experiencing a relatively low growth due to lack of awareness of the disease, low insurance coverage, and large number of undiagnosed cases.
The report on the global oral care device market provides a detailed competitive landscape of companies operating in this market. The main companies operating in this market are ResMed, Inc., Philips Respironics, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited, DeVilbiss Healthcare, Carefusion, Weinmann Medical Devices, BMC Medical Co. Ltd., Curative Medical, Inc., and other companies. Segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies have been detailed in the report.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the global market for oral care devices to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of oral care devices (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of OSA
- Country-specific patient pool of OSA
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
- Healthcare expenditure across major geographies
- Number of hospitals, number of diagnostic clinics, and home healthcare units
- Number of unit sales along with the respective ASPs annually in each country tracked till sub-segment level
- Number of surgeries
- Usage data and purchasing data
Surgeon/Physician Perception Analysis
- Fast turnaround analysis of surgeons’ response to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of devices by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinion about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customer perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Company share analysis of the key players forecasted till 2018 across sub-segments, country-wise
- Business strategies by key players to enhance the bottom line in the oral care device market
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 By Types
4.1 Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)
4.2 Tongue Retaining Device (TRD)
4.3 Boil and bite appliances
4.4 Laboratory - fabricated appliances
4.5 Nocturnal airway patency appliances (NAPA)
4.6 Oral pressure appliance (OPAP)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
North American Oral Care Devices
The oral care device market forms an integral part of the healthcare industry. The North American oral care device market was valued at $173.1 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $414.4 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 19.1% from 2013 to 2018. The market has been segmented on the basis of products, geographies, end users, companies, and macro indicators. A deep-dive analysis of the key players in hts market has been provided in this report.
European Oral Care Devices
The oral care device market forms an integral part of the healthcare industry. The European market was valued at $70.9 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $166.7 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 18.6% from 2013 to 2018. The market has been segmented on the basis of products, geographies, end users, companies, and macro indicators. A deep-dive analysis of the key players in hts market has been provided in this report.
Asian Oral Care Devices
The Asian oral care device market was valued at $39.5 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $99.5 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 20.3% from 2013 to 2018. The market has been segmented on the basis of products, geographies, end users, companies, and macro indicators. A deep-dive analysis of the key players in hts market has been provided in this report.