Global Dental Implants Market
A dental implant is used as an artificial tooth root which supports restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth. Dental implants serve as ideal options for people in good general oral health but have lost a tooth or teeth due to unfortunate periodontal disease, an injury, or some accident.
The global dental implant market is mainly driven by aging population, high Decayed, Missing, and Filled Teeth (DMFT) index, as well as the growing incidence of oral cancer. This market was valued at $3,604.0 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $5,150 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% for the forecast period. Titanium dental implants constitute the largest segment with a value of $3,525.0 million, constituting roughly 97% of the total dental implant material market.
This report analyzes the global dental implant market under two segments, namely, dental implants (by material) and dental implants (by procedure). By material, the market is further divided into titanium and zirconium implants, while procedural techniques are divided into root form and plate form. All of these segments experienced a positive growth until 2013 with an increased awareness for procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques. The titanium implants type and root form procedure have been contributing approximately 97% and 3% respectively towards total dental implant market. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth because of an increase in the patient pool and number of procedures of dental replacements and fixtures.
Procedure volume growth is very promising in Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea) because of low procedural price, low penetration rates, fast dental disease progression, improving healthcare infrastructure, economic growth, increase in life expectancy, growing popularity of cosmetic dentistry, broadening insurance coverage, and expanding private healthcare sector.
In North America (U.S., Canada) and Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.), the rapidly aging population, increase in the edentulous population, and insurance coverage for dental procedures have been driving the procedure growth. Also the introduction of technologies such as CAD/CAM has enabled dentists to offer better dental aesthetics, especially in Europe.
The high growth of this market in North America and Europe is because of their rapidly aging population whereas in Asia it is because of the growing population and increasing life expectancy.
The report on the global dental implants market provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in this market. The main companies extensively covered in this report are Nobel Biocare (Switzerland), Dentsply International (U.S.), Straumann (Switzerland), Zimmer Dental Inc. (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), 3M ESPE (U.S.), Biomet 3i (U.S.), Ivoclar Vivadent AG (Liechtenstein), Sirona (U.S.), and Heraeus Kulzer Inc. (Germany).
Segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies have been detailed.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the global dental implants market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Country-specific patient pool of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of root-form and plate-form procedures performed annually in each country tracked till sub-segment level
- Number of dental replacement procedures performed in each country
- Fast turnaround analysis of dentists’ response to market events and trends
- Dentists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Dentists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customer perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of dental equipment in major geographies
- Company share analysis of the top players in the market in different regions
- Crucial developments and strategies companies are inculcating in their portfolio
Titanium Implants and Zirconium Implants adds up to total
Asia Dental Implants
Asia forms one of the most promising dental implants markets in the world.Asian Dental implants market can be segmented by Geographies,Products, Endusers, Companies and MacroIndicators. Deep dive analysis of the top players of this market have been considered in this report.
Europe Dental Implants
Europe is the region of origin of implant dentistry; therefore, the penetration rate of dental implants is very high in this region. European Dental Prosthetics can be segmented by Geographies,Products, Endusers, Companies and MacroIndicators. Deep dive analysis of the top players of this market have been considered in this report.
North America Dental Implants
The North American Dental Implants Market, mainly driven by aging population and insurance coverage for dental procedures. North American Dental Implants Market can be segmented by Geographies, Products, Endusers, Companies and MacroIndicators. Deep dive analysis of the top players of this market have been considered in this report.