Global vision care Market Research Report
The global vision care market is poised to grow at a stable rate mainly due to the increasing aging population, a huge population concerned with eye correction, and the growing use of fashionable contact lenses and spectacles.
The report on the global vision care market analyzes the market under two types of devices, namely, contact lenses and spectacles. Contact lenses are classified according to their functions, materials, wearing schedules, and replacement schedules. Contact lens materials are sub-classified as rigid lenses, soft lenses, and hybrid lenses. There are various types of spectacles available in the market, such as corrective, sunglasses, readymade reading glasses, bifocals, trifocals, and progressive lenses. These glasses are applicable for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, and other refractive errors. It has been estimated that around 4.2 billion people globally have poor vision.
Contact lenses and spectacles have been contributing approximately 25% and 75% respectively in terms of value towards the vision care market. Both markets have been witnessing maximum growth because of increasing aging population and growing awareness about eye care.
The Asian market is has been found to be an attractive market for vision care globally, mainly due to the rising population and an increasing prevalence of refractive errors in countries like India and China. In North America is the largest vision care market (U.S., Canada, Mexico). The U.S. has been the prime market, particularly in terms of sales of contact lenses, due to favorable reimbursement policies and easy access to local companies for growth. The European market for spectacle lenses observed slow growth due to diminished trading conditions. The wholesale market for spectacle lenses in Europe struggled with price competition, primarily due to low-priced eyeglasses from suppliers in China and India.
The report on the global vision care market provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in this market. The main companies covered in this report are Johnson & Johnson (J&J)/Vistakon, Alcon, CooperVision, Inc., Bausch & Lomb, and others. Segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies have been detailed in the report.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the global vision care market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Country-specific prevalence of ophthalmic disorders
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of surgeries performed annually in each country tracked till sub-segment level
- Number of lens prescriptions in each country
- Physicians and surgeons’ opinion about products from different companies
- Comprehensive study of customer perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of contact lenses and glasses in each region
- Market share analysis of the top players in the market
- Crucial developments and strategies companies are implementing in order to grow