The global dental diagnostic & surgical equipment market is mainly driven by the increasing edentulous population and rising number of dental clinics worldwide. The dental systems and equipment segment has accounted for the largest share of approximately 49% of the total dental diagnostic & surgical equipment market.
The report on the global dental diagnostic & surgical equipment market forecasts the market for the years 2012 to 2018 and analyzes it in three segments, namely, dental systems and equipment, dental radiology, and dental lasers. Dental diagnostic equipment is further divided into instrument delivery systems, dental chairs, hand pieces, light cure equipment, scaling materials, and CAD/CAM systems. Development of more user-friendly equipment and advanced technologies like CAD/CAM will provide an impetus to the market, reducing procedural time. All of these segments experienced a positive growth until 2013 with an increased awareness of procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques.
Dental lasers and radiology ease procedural practice. Dental lasers facilitate painless and short surgeries and they will eventually eliminate the use of hand pieces and dental drills. While dental lasers contribute as less as 2-3% of the total dental diagnostic market, dental radiology is at par with the equipment segment contributing around 47-48% in the dental diagnostic equipment market.
Dental instrument delivery systems and hand pieces have been contributing around 23% and 19% respectively in terms of value toward the total market for dental diagnostic & surgical equipment. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth because of an increase in the patient pool and number of procedures of dental replacements and fixtures.
Procedure volume growth is very promising in Asia-Pacific (China, India, South Korea) because of fast dental disease progression, low procedural price, improving healthcare infrastructure and disposable incomes, and expanding private healthcare sector. Asia’s booming medical and dental tourism industry was estimated at $4 billion in 2012 because of cost-effective treatments.
In North America (US, Canada, Mexico) increased insurance coverage for dental procedures, presence of well-structured distribution channels, and the growing trend towards preventive oral care are the major driving factors. In 2010, almost 70% of the U.S. population was covered by some dental plan; and this figure is likely to increase as more employers are offering dental reimbursement policies.
Europe is the second-largest business market of dental devices globally, with various key business sector players. This is due to the rapidly aging population, increase in the edentulous population, and rising governmental expenditure on oral healthcare across Europe. Also, the introduction of technologies such as CAD/CAM has enabled dentists to offer better dental aesthetics.
The high growth of this market in North America and Europe is because of their rapidly aging population whereas in Asia it is because of the growing population and increasing life expectancy.
The report on the dental diagnostic & surgical equipment market provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in this market. The main companies extensively covered in this report are A-dec Inc. (U.S.), Carestream health, Inc. (U.S.), Yoshida Dental Mfg. Co. Ltd. (Japan), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Sirona Dental Systems, Inc. (U.S.), Dentsply International (U.S.)
Segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies have been detailed.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the global dental diagnostic & surgical equipment market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Country-specific patient pool of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of root-form and plate-form procedures performed annually in each country tracked till sub-segment level
- Number of dental replacement procedures performed in each country
- Fast turnaround analysis of dentists’ response to market events and trends
- Dentists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Dentists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customer perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of dental equipment in each country
- CAD/CAM procedural investment in each country
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipments by Submarkets
4.1 Radiology (Dental Devices)
4.2 Equipments (Dental Devices)
4.3 Lasers (Dental Devices)
5 Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipments by Products
5.1 Dental Equipment
5.2 Dental Lasers
5.3 Dental Radiology Equipment
6 Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipments by Geographies
6.1 North America
6.4 Rest of World
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement