A thin film is majorly used in photovoltaic solar cells, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), semiconductor and electrical (circuit boards), and optical coatings. Earlier it was mostly used for plating and coating purposes. In recent times, its application is mostly in in photovoltaic solar cells because of its smaller size and higher efficiency.
The North American thin film material market is estimated to grow from $2,188.9 million in 2013 to $3,475.1 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2013 to 2018. The North American market will dominate the global market during the next five years due to the increased awareness of the benefits of solar energy. The drivers of this market include high demand from current and emerging applications, development and modernization of infrastructure, increased demand for efficiency and miniaturization, advancement in technology, and decreasing raw material prices. The North American market is highly regulated with several associations playing a key role in the monitoring and commercialization of thin film.
The report, ‘North America Thin Films Material Market’, defines and segments the market with analyses and projections of size with respect to value. It is analyzed in terms of revenue ($ million) for all regions and their respective countries. Revenues from each country have been broken down by types of thin film material and the end-user industry.
This report provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, winning imperatives, challenges, and key issues in the North American market for thin film. It covers the market and its trends in key countries like Canada and the U.S. It also covers major end-user industries, namely, photovoltaic solar cells, MEMS, semiconductors and electrical (circuit boards), optical coating, and others. The types of thin films that are identified and included in the report are cadmium telluride (CdTe), copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS), amorphous silica, and other types. Also, the types of deposition processes—physical and chemical—are also mentioned in the report.
The report on the North American thin film material market also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It includes the company profiles of and competitive strategies adopted by various market players, including Anwell Solar, Ascent Solar Technologies, Inc., Avancis GmbH & Co. KG, Cicor Technologies Ltd., First Solar, Inc., Hanergy Holding Group Limited, KANEKA Solar Energy, Masdar PV GmbH, Moser Baer India Ltd., Solar Frontier, Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd., and Trony Solar Holdings Co., Ltd.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the North American thin film material market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Case studies on the top market player that holds 80% of the North American market share, indicating its strategies, product innovations, and methods to specifically target market
- Technical details on the applications of thin film material market (conversion rates, $/watt rate, life time PV cell)
- Additional information on second-generation photovoltaic cells (apart from existing information on third-generation photovoltaic cells), which will help clients obtain a clear overview of the market
- Government policies for the raw material used for thin films (cadmium, indium)
- Trends in renewable energy and country-specific targets
- Comparison of wind and water energy with solar energy as per $/watt, conversion rates, and feasibility
- Analysis of non-solar application of North America's thin film material market and the scope of growth in these nascent markets (MEMS, Semiconductor)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement