Prosthetic dentistry is the dental forte relating to the analysis, treatment, recovery, and support of the oral function, with the use of dental crowns & bridges, dentures, and abutments to comfort the patients with suffering from clinical conditions associated with missing teeth, highly decayed teeth, and/or oral & maxillofacial tissues utilizing biocompatible substitutes.
Asia-Pacific forms one of the most promising dental prosthetics markets in the world. The developing countries such as India and China have a relatively high DMFT index and are expected to see significant market growth during the period, 2013 to 2018. The Asian dental prosthetics market was valued at $649.5 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $983.7 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 6.4%. The dental crowns & bridges is the largest segment of the dental prosthetic market sharing approximately around 73% of the Asian dental prosthetics market leading to around $481.3 million in 2013.
The report analyzes the market of dental prosthetics’ product market by 3 segments, namely, dental crowns & bridges, dentures, and abutments. The crowns & bridges segment, which is the largest, is further segmented on the basis of material type used, such as porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM), all-ceramics, and metal. The porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns are the most widely used as they are highly durable, while the ceramics material is more aesthetically appealing. The market for these ceramic crowns and bridges is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR in the next five years. All these segments have experienced a positive growth till 2013, owing to an increased awareness for procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques. Porcelain fused-to-metal (PFM) and all-ceramics prosthetics types respectively have been contributing approximately 58% and 31% each, in terms of value, towards the total dental prosthetics market. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth because of increase in patient pool and procedure numbers of dental replacements and fixtures.
The procedure volume growth is very promising in the Asia-Pacific region (China, India, and South Korea) because of low procedural price, low penetration rates, fast dental disease progression, improving healthcare infrastructure, economic growth, owing to the increase in life expectancy and the growing popularity of cosmetic dentistry, broadening insurance coverage, and expanding private healthcare sector.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The main companies operating in this market and extensively covered in this report are Nobel Biocare (Switzerland), DENTSPLY International (U.S.), Straumann (Switzerland), Zimmer Dental (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), 3M ESPE (U.S.), Biomet 3i (U.S.), Ivoclar (Liechtenstein), and Sirona dental (U.S.). The segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Country-specific patient pool of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data:
- The number of root-form & plate-form procedures performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment level
- The number of dental replacement procedures performed in each country
Surgeons/Physicians Perception analysis:
- Fast turn-around analysis of dentists’ responses to market events and trends
- Dentists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Dentists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
- Cost analysis of dental prosthetics in major countries
- CAD/CAM procedural investment in major countries
- The company share analysis for the top players of the market in the region
- The crucial developments and strategies that companies inculcate in their portfolio
1.1 Objective of the study
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
1.4.1 Assumptions (Market Size, Forecast, etc)
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement