Dental radiology equipment helps dentists diagnose and plan treatments with clearly scanned dental images. Commonly, the technique is used to identify hidden structures, wisdom teeth, bone loss, cavities, and malignant or benign masses that are not easily detectable.
Intraoral radiology equipment involves an external plate which is placed in the patient’s mouth to detect and scan a specific area with better control. Intraoral radiology equipment is smaller. Intraoral cameras enable better imaging in combination with CAD/CAM systems.
The market for intraoral radiology equipment is mainly driven by increasing dental diseases, increasing awareness of oral hygiene, and a growing edentulous population. Since radiology equipment forms one of the primary means of diagnosis of a dental disease or abnormality, it is adopted by all dentists to provide faster and accurate service to their patients. Intraoral radiology equipment is especially helpful in planning treatments for the aesthetic dentistry.
The report on the global intraoral radiology equipment market analyzes the market under segments namely, photostimulable phosphor (PSP) systems and digital sensors. PSP systems constitute the largest segment of the dental intraoral radiology equipment market, contributing around 55% to the total market. Digital sensors contribute around 45% terms of value towards the market. PSPs are in demand because of the flexibility in use and economic viability while the digital sensors market is driven by less operating time and better images. Both markets have been witnessing maximum growth because of increase in the patient pool and demand for accurate and efficient minimally invasive techniques in surgeries.
Procedure volume growth is very promising in Asia-pacific (China, India, South Korea) because of low procedural price, low penetration rates, improving healthcare infrastructure, growing disposable incomes, increase in life expectancy, growing popularity of cosmetic dentistry, broadening insurance coverage, and expanding private healthcare sector. In North America (U.S., Canada) and Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.), increasing awareness of facial aesthetics and insurance coverage for dental procedures have been driving the growth of this market. Also, the introduction of technologies such as CAD/CAM has enabled dentists to offer better dental aesthetics, especially in Europe. In Europe, there is a mixed trend. France established a base for the use of digital intraoral sensors and thus, shows increasing adoption of these systems, while in Germany the adoption rate is slow and the market shows a shift from film-based devices to photostimulable phosphor systems.
The report on the global intraoral radiology equipment market provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in this market. The main companies covered in this report are Danaher Corporation, Soredex, Gendex Dental Systems, and Sirona Dental Systems.
Segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies have been detailed in the report.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the global intraoral radiology equipment market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Product volumes in number of units sold and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Country-specific patient pool of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Disease progression (pattern analysis) and treatment rate
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of dental replacement procedures performed in each country
Surgeon/Dentist Perception Matrix
- Fast turnaround analysis of dentists’ response to market events and trends
- Dentists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Dentists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
- Cost analysis of intraoral radiology equipment in different regions
- Market share analysis of the top players in the market
- Crucial developments and strategies companies are implementing in order to grow
- Number of hospitals and dental clinics, patient pool, reimbursement scenario, diagnosis and treatment rate, and healthcare expenditure
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 By Submarkets
4.1 Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipments
5 By Products
5.1 PSP system
5.2 Digital sensors
6 By Geographies
6.1 North America
6.4 Rest of World
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement