The European radiofrequency ablation market, mainly driven by the increasing aging population and the increasing procedures through minimal invasive surgery, was valued at $1,160 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $2,313 million by 2018.
Temperature controlled devices, fluid cooled devices, and robotic navigation-catheter manipulation systems are the technologies indulged in radiofrequency ablation therapy. Radiofrequency ablation therapy is used for cancers of liver, lung, colon and benign tumor removal. It has shown a high success rate against liver cancer or hepatocellular carcinoma, which according to 2011 estimates, has affected over 500,000 people over the world. Radiofrequency ablation therapy is also used when patients have been unresponsive to chemotherapy or has other medical conditions, which render other surgical procedures as non-viable. Radiofrequency ablation can be applied widely across most types of cancers and benign tumors.
European market is challenging, as it is a heterogeneous region in terms of regulatory and reimbursement approaches, with every country having its own unique characteristics. Recent trends show an increased inclination of companies towards Europe for their preliminary products development and launch. In addition, it is observed that the capital investment required for regulatory approval of the product is significantly less than that compared to the U.S. Ultimately, the market players are adopting a strategy to launch their products initially in Europe, as it offers an opportunity to balance the risk-to-reward ratio in case of innovative technologies.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the companies operating in the radiofrequency ablation therapy market. The key players include Covidien (Ireland), Boston Scientific (U.S.), Biosense Inc. (U.S.), St. Jude Medical (U.S.), AngioDynamics (U.S.) and Medtronic Inc. (U.S.). Furthermore, the segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- Applications of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Country-specific patient pool of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis:
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology date
Brand/Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Americas Thermal Ablation
The American Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $3097 million in 2013 and expected to be $5012 million by 2018. The main companies operating in thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others
Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation
The Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $1533 million in 2013 and expected to be $2772 million by 2018. The main companies operating in Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.
European Thermal Ablation
The European Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $2132 million in 2013 and expected to be $3328 million by 2018. The main companies operating in European thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.