The European microwave ablation market, mainly driven by the increasing aging population and the increasing age-related chronic diseases, was valued at $27 million in 2013, and is projected to reach $45 million by 2018.
Microwave thermotherapy is the technology employed in microwave ablation. This technique has high potential in the treatment of cancers in primary and secondary stages, for liver, lung, renal, adrenal, and bone metastases. As the microwave ablation market is still in its nascent stage, it accounted for only 1.4% of the total ablation technologies market, in 2011. However, due to its high success rate in treatment of most cancers, the market is estimated to rise very quickly during the period, 2013 to 2018. For instance, the procedure has proven to be very effective in treatment of amenorrhea or endometrial ablation.
Accessing the market in the European region is challenging as this region is a heterogeneous region in terms of regulatory and reimbursement approaches, with every country having its own unique characteristics. Due to the increasing cost associated with healthcare, the governments and insurance companies in Europe are focusing on cost containment and regularly applying pricing pressures on the companies. On the other side, the growing awareness and knowledge about the use and advantages of ablation devices amongst physicians, increasing healthcare expenditure, and the decreasing drug dependency is driving the European microwave ablation devices market in the emerging nations of Europe.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in the market. The major players in this market include Synapse Medical, Microsilus Medical (U.K.) which recently entered into a strategic partnership with Angiodynamics (U.S). The segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Country-specific patient pool of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis:
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology date
Brand/Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Americas Thermal Ablation
The American Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $3097 million in 2013 and expected to be $5012 million by 2018. The main companies operating in thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others
Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation
The Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $1533 million in 2013 and expected to be $2772 million by 2018. The main companies operating in Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.
European Thermal Ablation
The European Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $2132 million in 2013 and expected to be $3328 million by 2018. The main companies operating in European thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.