The European light/laser ablation market, mainly driven by the increasing aging population with higher risk of chronic diseases and increasing procedures through minimal invasive surgery, was valued at $298 million in 2013, and is expected to be $450 million by 2018. The excimer laser market is the largest segment of light/laser ablation market.
The light/laser ablation devices consist of two types of lasers, namely cold lasers and excimer lasers. These are most commonly used for ablation procedures in ophthalmology in vision correction, and to a certain extent for epidermal treatment. It also shows considerable success in the ablation of cervix, uterus, varicose vein, and prostate.
European market is challenging, as it is a heterogeneous region in terms of regulatory and reimbursement approaches, with every country having its own unique characteristics. Recent trends show an increased inclination of companies towards Europe for their preliminary products development and launch. In addition, it is observed that the capital investment required for regulatory approval of the product is significantly less than that compared to the U.S. Ultimately market players are adopting a strategy to launch their products initially in Europe, as it offers an opportunity to balance the risk-to-reward ratio in case of innovative technologies.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in European light/laser ablation market. The key players operating in the optical correction light/laser ablation market are Alcon, Abbott, and Carl Zeiss.
Segment and country specific company shares, news & deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Country-specific patient pool of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’s response to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinion about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology date
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Americas Thermal Ablation
The American Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $3097 million in 2013 and expected to be $5012 million by 2018. The main companies operating in thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others
Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation
The Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $1533 million in 2013 and expected to be $2772 million by 2018. The main companies operating in Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.
European Thermal Ablation
The European Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $2132 million in 2013 and expected to be $3328 million by 2018. The main companies operating in European thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.