The Asia-Pacific microwave ablation market, mainly driven by the increasing aging population and the increasing procedures through minimal-invasive surgery, was valued at $15 million in 2013, and is expected to be $31 million, by 2018.
Microwave thermotherapy is the technology employed in microwave ablation. This technique has high potential in the treatment of cancers in primary and secondary stages, for liver, lung, renal, adrenal, and bone metastases. As the microwave ablation market is still in its nascent stage, it accounted for only 1.4% of the total ablation technologies market, in 2011. However, due to its high success rate in treatment of most cancers, the market is estimated to rise very quickly during the period, 2013 to 2018. For instance, the procedure has proven to be very effective in treatment of amenorrhea or endometrial ablation.
Emerging markets such as India, China, and Brazil have undergone significant economic development over the past decade. This development has also led to an increase in healthcare availability in these countries. Also, as these countries have relatively modest GDP per capita levels and highly variable healthcare systems, the need for inexpensive ablation devices is emerging as an important factor. It has provided an opportunity for the Asia-Pacific microwave ablation companies, to have an established and growing market in these countries.
Japan is considered as mature market for the microwave ablation devices and will continue to show growth opportunities for the ablation devices in the future. The aging Japanese population, which is at a higher risk of developing chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiac disorders, will ultimately lead to growth in procedure volume in the future. In India and China, the large number of untreated patient population and the increasing use of ablation to treat cardiac disorders, such as atrial fibrillation, will continue to drive the Asia-Pacific market.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in the market. The major players in this market include Synapse Medical, Microsilus Medical (U.K.) which recently entered into a strategic partnership with Angiodynamics (U.S). The segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Country-specific patient pool of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis:
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology date
Brand/Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Americas Thermal Ablation
The American Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $3097 million in 2013 and expected to be $5012 million by 2018. The main companies operating in thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others
Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation
The Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $1533 million in 2013 and expected to be $2772 million by 2018. The main companies operating in Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.
European Thermal Ablation
The European Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $2132 million in 2013 and expected to be $3328 million by 2018. The main companies operating in European thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.