The Global Radiofrequency Ablation Market, mainly driven by growing aging population, with increasing incidence, and prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disorders, rapid acceptance of new medical technology, and well covered reimbursement system was pegged at $1160 million in 2013 and expected to be $2313 million by 2018.
Temperature Controlled Devices, Fluid Cooled Devices, and Robotic Navigation-Catheter Manipulation Systems are the technologies indulged in Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy.
Radiofrequency Ablation is used for cancers of liver, lung, colon and benign tumor removal. It has shown high success rate against liver cancer or hepatocellular carcinoma, which according to 2011 estimates has affected over 500,000 people over the world. It is also used when patients have been unresponsive to chemotherapy or has other medical conditions which render other surgical procedures as non-viable.
Radiofrequency ablation can be applied widely across most types of cancers and benign tumors. High incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in Asia and Africa is expected to drive the market for RFA in these regions. Several other factors are also driving this market such as the minimally invasive nature of the procedure as it is favored by patients and physicians alike.
Increasing regulatory scrutiny, strict reimbursement necessities, delays in regulatory approval and economic crisis have further resulted in drifting focus of market players from mature markets of Americas to emerging markets such Latin America.
Currently, in the U.S., 40 million people are of age 65 and above and is expected that, by 2050 this number will double to 89 million diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic problems increases. As the number of patient population will increase it will lead to increase in the procedural volume of minimally invasive surgeries, ultimately giving rise to increased demand for radiofrequency ablation devices.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in Radiofrequency Ablation market. The key players in Radiofrequency Ablation sector are Covidien (Ireland), Boston Scientific (U.S.), Biosense Inc. (U.S.), St. Jude Medical (U.S.), AngioDynamics (U.S.) and Medtronic Inc. (U.S.).
Segment and country specific Company shares, News & Deals, M&A, segment specific pipeline products, product approvals and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed.
With Market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your Company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (Segment wise)
- Product Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub segment level
- End-user Adoption rate analysis of the products (Segment wise and Country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of Product approvals, Pipeline products and Product recalls
- Country specific Prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders.
- Country specific Patient pool of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological, and orthopedic disorders.
- Disease progression (Pattern analysis)
Surgeons/Physicians Perception analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of Surgeons response to market events and trends
- Surgeons opinion about products from different companies
- Surgeons qualitative inputs on epidemiology date
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Americas Thermal Ablation
The American Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $3097 million in 2013 and expected to be $5012 million by 2018. The main companies operating in thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others
Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation
The Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $1533 million in 2013 and expected to be $2772 million by 2018. The main companies operating in Asia-Pacific Thermal Ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.
European Thermal Ablation
The European Thermal Ablation Market was pegged at $2132 million in 2013 and expected to be $3328 million by 2018. The main companies operating in European thermal ablation market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical systems, Elekta, Biosense Webster, St. Jude Medical Boston Scientfic, Accuray, Medtronic, CR Bard, Others.