Cumene finds most of its applications in production of phenol followed by acetone and other industrial chemicals. It has various end-use industries such as polycarbonate, bisphenol-A, and phenolic resins considering that phenol has major share of applications. The Global Cumene market was valued at $15,466.1 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $24,129.02 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 6.7%. One of the major driving factors for Global Cumene Market is growing demand for phenol in various industries such as plastics, composites, laminates and other industries. Acetone which is another product of cumene is also expected to show demand over coming few years which can drive the market for cumene as a production raw material.
Cumene is a clear colourless liquid with an aromatic odour and a constituent of crude oil and finished fuels. It has a molecular weight of 120.2 (g/mol), its boiling point is 152-153°C and melting point is -96°C. Cumene is used in a variety of petroleum products and also used as a thinner for lacquers, paints, enamels and as a component of high octane fuels. Additionally, it is also used in the production of acetone, acetophenone, phenol, and methylstyrene. Another main driver for cumene global demand is the increasing production of bisphenol A, a product of phenol and acetone. Polycarbonate and epoxy resins are the main drivers of bisphenol A demand. Ultimately, it is the strong growth in polycarbonate that is driving demand through bisphenol A to phenol/acetone and hence to cumene.
It is estimated that about 12,400.4 KT of cumene was consumed globally in 2012, and this demand is expected to reach 16,997.9 KT by 2018, at an estimated CAGR of about 5.1%, for the given period. However, the overall market value of cumene was estimated at about $15,466.1 million in 2012, which is projected to reach a CAGR of about 6.7%, during the forecast period.
The key countries and regions in Global Cumene Market are North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The various applications studied include phenol/acetone and others. Further, as part of qualitative analysis, the Global Cumene Market research report provides a comprehensive review of the important drivers, restraints, opportunities, and issues in the benzene market.
The Global Cumene Market report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It also includes the company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by various market players, comprising BASF SE, BP PLC (U.S), Total S.A., Exxonmobil Corp, The Dow Chemical Company, CPCC, CNPC, JX Nippon Oil and Energy Group, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and SABIC.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Market size and forecast
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by application (country-wise)
- Competitive landscape with a detailed comparison of portfolio of each company mapped at the regional- and country-level
- Production Data at country level with much comprehended approach of understanding
- Comprehensive coverage of plant capacity estimates that will analyze the future prospects of the Global Cumene market
- Plant Capacities for major countries(by companies)
- Analysis of Load factor to understand actual production at country level
- Deep Dive Value chain analysis
- Raw materials used in making Cumene
- Analysis of Forward chain integration as well as backward chain integration to understand the approach of business prevailing in the Global Cumene market
- Impact analysis
- Detailed Analysis of various drivers and their impact on the market
- Detailed Analysis of various restraints and their impact on the market
- The various new opportunities for the emerging players
- Detailed analysis of Competitive Strategies like new product launch, expansions, Merger & acquisitions that are adopted by various companies and their impact on Global Cumene Market
- Trade analysis
- Trade data, by country
- Import-export data, by each country with other key countries of the world
Cumene-Europe can be segmented by Ingredients, Applications and Companies. Ingredients of Cumene-Europe are Benzene and Propylene. Applications of Cumene-Europe are Phenol and Acetone. Companies of Cumene-Europe are CEPSA Quimica SA, Dow Benelux BV, Versalis S.p.A, BP...
|17 Nov 2014||$ 2500|
Cumene-Asia-Pacific can be segmented by Ingredients, Applications and Companies. Ingredients of Cumene-Asia-Pacific are Benzene and Propylene. Applications of Cumene-Asia-Pacific are Phenol and Acetone. Companies of Cumene-Asia-Pacific are CEPSA Quimica SA, Dow Benelux...
|17 Nov 2014||$ 2500|
North America Cumene
Cumene-North America can be segmented by Ingredients, Applications and Companies. Ingredients of Cumene-North America are Benzene and Propylene. Applications of Cumene-North America are Phenol and Acetone. Companies of Cumene-North America are CEPSA Quimica SA, Dow...
|17 Nov 2014||$ 2500|