Cumene finds most of its applications in production of phenol followed by acetone and other industrial chemicals. It has various end-use industries such as polycarbonate, bisphenol-A, and phenolic resins considering that phenol has major share of applications. The Asia-Pacific Cumene market was valued at $4,513.5 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $6,549.0 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 5.5%, for the given period. One of the major driving factors for Asia-Pacific Cumene Market is the growing demand for phenol in various industries such as plastics, composites, laminates and other industries. Acetone which is another product of cumene is also expected to show demand over coming few years which can drive the market for cumene as a production raw material.
Cumene is a clear colourless liquid with an aromatic odour and a constituent of crude oil and finished fuels. It has a molecular weight of 120.2 (g/mol), its boiling point is 152-153°C and melting point is -96°C. Cumene is used in a variety of petroleum products and also used as a thinner for lacquers, paints, enamels and as a component of high octane fuels. Additionally, it is also used in the production of acetone, acetophenone, phenol, and methylstyrene.
In 2012, around 4,639.2 KT of cumene was consumed in Asia-Pacific, with an anticipated demand growth of about 5.9%, for the given period. Taiwan was the leading consumer of cumene in the region, consuming about 25.4% of the total regional demand in 2012, with an expected demand growth of about 4.6%, for the period 2013 to 2018. Subsequently, Japan is the second leading consumer followed by China and South Korea. India is expected to be the fastest growing cumene market in the region for the coming years.
The key countries covered in this market are China, Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Singapore. The various applications studied include phenol/acetone and others. Further, as part of qualitative analysis, the Asia-Pacific Cumene Market research report provides a comprehensive review of the important drivers, restraints, opportunities, and issues in the Cumene market.
The Asia-Pacific Cumene Market report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It also includes the company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by various market players, comprising BASF SE, BP PLC (U.S), Total S.A., Exxonmobil Corp, The Dow Chemical Company, CPCC, CNPC, JX Nippon Oil and Energy Group, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and SABIC.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Market size and forecast
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by application (country-wise)
- Competitive landscape with a detailed comparison of portfolio of each company mapped at the regional- and country-level
- Production Data at country level with much comprehended approach of understanding
- Comprehensive coverage of plant capacity estimates that will analyze the future prospects of the Asia-Pacific Cumene market
- Plant Capacities for major countries(by companies)
- Analysis of Load factor to understand actual production at country level
- Deep Dive Value chain analysis
- Raw materials used in making Cumene
- Analysis of Forward chain integration as well as backward chain integration to understand the approach of business prevailing in the Asia-Pacific Cumene market
- Impact analysis
- Detailed Analysis of various drivers and their impact on the market
- Detailed Analysis of various restraints and their impact on the market
- The various new opportunities for the emerging players
- Detailed analysis of Competitive Strategies like new product Launch, expansions, Merger & acquisitions that are adopted by various companies and their impact on Asia-Pacific Cumene Market
- Trade analysis
- Trade data, by country
- Import-export data, by each country with other key countries of the world