Ethylbenzene market is experiencing huge growth and is expected to flourish even in the coming years, as it is majorly driven by growth in many regions and increasing demand of various chemicals manufactured by employing benzene as a feedstock. The report provides a comprehensive review of the key market drivers, challenges, and issues.
The North American ethylbenzene market was valued at $6,553.90 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $9,283.84 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 4.9%, for the given period. The market is mainly driven by investments in chemical and petrochemical projects due to recent boom of shale gas and oil slates in the U.S. and Canada.
North America is a diversified market for petrochemicals due to presence of numerous giants in the region. The North American chemical industry was profoundly affected by the economic crisis of 2008, but it underwent accelerating recovery, and will continue to do so even in the future.
Domestic demand for specialty and base chemicals is experiencing high growth due to increase in the number of domestic manufacturers, and the industry has undergone various recent expansions to expand its export market. The future growth of the industry would be augmented by the investments in chemical and petrochemical projects due to recent boom of shale gas and oil slates in the U.S. and Canada. Around $1,500.0 billion will be invested in new manufacturing projects which include energy, chemicals, automotive, etc. Due to emergence of shale gas, lighter feedstock is available to chemical and petrochemical industries in North America; the region is expected to be favoured for petrochemical assets in the near prospect.
It is estimated that North America consumed about 5,267.38 KT of ethylbenzene in 2012, and this demand is projected to reach 6,202.52 KT by 2018, at an expected CAGR of about 2.8%, for the given period. The U.S. was the biggest consumer of ethylbenzene in the region with an estimated consumption of about 4,374.58 KT in 2012, and it is expected to reach a CAGR of about 2.6% during the forecast period. Subsequently,
U.S. was a net importer of ethylbenzene with a net import of about 20.0 KT in 2012, whereas Canada was a major net exporter, with a net export volume of about 20.0 KT of ethylbenzene in the same year.
The key countries covered are Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. The various applications studied include Styrene and others. Further, as a part of qualitative analysis, the research report provides a comprehensive review of the important drivers, restraints, opportunities, and issues in the benzene market.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It also includes the company profiles of and competitive strategies adopted by various market players- Basf SE, bp plc (u.s), total s.a., exxonmobil corp, dow chemical company, cpcc, cnpc, jx nippon oil and energy group, royal dutch shell plc and sabic.
With Market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis on the following parameters:
Market share analysis
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by application (country-wise)
- Competitive landscape with a detailed comparison of portfolio of each company mapped at the regional- and country-level
- Market size in terms of volume (application-wise and country-wise)
- Production Data at country level with much comprehended approach of understanding
- Comprehensive coverage of plant capacity estimates that will analyze the future prospects of the market
- Plant Capacities for major countries(by companies)
- Analysis of Load factor to understand actual production at country level
Value chain analysis
- Raw materials used in making ethylbenzene
- The technologies used in the making
- Applications in various segments
- Analysis of Forward chain integration as well as backward chain integration to understand the approach of business prevailing in the market
- The list of drivers for the market
- The various restraints that can hinder the market growth
- The various new opportunities for the emerging players
- The threats prevailing in the market
- Trade data, by country
- Import-export data, by each country with other key countries of the world
- Comparison with respect to the global benzene market
- New technology trends
- New product developments
1.1 Objective of the study
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
1.4.1 Assumptions (Market Size, Forecast, etc)
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Ethylbenzene-North America, By Applications
4.1 Split By Geography
4.1 Ethylbenzene-U.S. by Applications
4.1 Ethylbenzene-Canada by Applications
4.1 Ethylbenzene-Mexico by Applications
4.2 Ethylbenzene-Styrene-North America
4.2.1 Ethylbenzene-Styrene-North America, By Geographies
5 Ethylbenzene-North America, By Geographies
5.1.1 Ethylbenzene-U.S., By Applications
5.2.1 Ethylbenzene-Canada, By Applications
5.3.1 Ethylbenzene-Mexico, By Applications