Touchless sensing is technology which facilitates to interact with the functioning of a device without a physical contact or need of touch. The two major markets of touchless sensing are touchless sanitary equipment, and touchless biometric. The touchless sanitary equipment market consists of major products like touchless faucets, soap dispensers, trash cans, hand dryers, paper towel dispenser, and flushes. The touchless biometric market consists of mainly face, iris, voice, and touch-less fingerprint biometrics.
The Europe touchless sensing market is expected to grow from $ 855.26 million in 2013 to $ 2700.05 million by 2018 at a CAGR of 25.85%, for the given period. The touchless biometrics market constitutes the major share of the total market and is expected to maintain a larger one for the next five years. The growth in touchless sanitary equipment is also significant in Europe. This can be attributed to the positive new construction outlook, especially in the commercial segment, augmented by the rising hygiene concerns. The major countries for touchless sensing revenue pockets in Europe are Germany, U.K., France, and Italy.
Cognitec Systems GmbH (Germany), Cross Match Technologies (U.S.), Elliptic labs (Norway), ESPROS Photonics Corporation (Switzerland), Eyesight Tech (Israel), Irisguard Inc (U.K.), MorphoTrak (U.S.), PointGrab Limited (Israel), Thalmic Labs Inc. are some of the major players in this segment.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern of products in touchless sanitary equipment and touchless biometric market
- Product Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped in Europe
- End-user Adoption rate analysis of the products segment wise
- Usage pattern of Touchless sensing technologies: Infrared and Capacitive in Europe
- Revenue and Shipment data of torque sensors, segmented on the basis of technology
- Product specific and region specific market share analysis of top players
- Key developments of each top player that affect the market dynamics