Infrared detectors are transducers of radiant energy that convert the radiation of objects in the infrared range to a measurable form. Large-scale adoption of IR detectors in the latest range of applications such as security, consumer electronics, and smart homes is driving the overall market. The use of IR detectors in temperature measurement and spectroscopy applications is expected to increase in future.
MCT or Mercury Cadmium Telluride is mainly manufactured by cooled technology due to the limitation of its performance; MCT operates under a specified temperature range. Some of the key features of MCT as compared to other IR detector materials are that:
- MCT is a direct band gap semiconductor
- The band gap of MCT can be adjusted by varying the ratio of the HgTe compound to CdTe in the particular MCT composition
For production of low-cost, large-area IR FPAs, large uniform and defect-free MCT wafers are needed. The basic material requirements for MCT IR detectors are are: large wafer size, small variations in composition, doping across a large wafer, and few defects across a large wafer.
Some of the manufacturers of this technology are Vigo (France), ULIS (France), and Hamamatsu Photonics (Japan).
The IR detector market from MCT is divided into two major applications that have been covered in the report. Major applications of MCT technology are temperature measurement and gas and fire detection. People and motion detection technology has not been considered as it does not use this technology for IR detection. IR detectors manufactured with MCT technology mainly operate in the short-wave infrared, mid-wave infrared, and long-wave infrared spectral range.
This report provides an overview of the global MCT IR detector market in the present scenario, and covers the detector market by technology, spectral range, application, and geography. Each classification comprises an extensive segmentation with market estimates and forecasts for each sub-market. It also covers the drivers, restraints, and opportunities for this market. The major driving factor for the market is the drastically reducing prices of detectors, which are finding new applications across segments. The research study identifies the burning issues and market winning imperatives, currently, affecting the market. The report considers the market dynamics and a competitive landscape of the key players in the market.
This report also provides information on segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers & acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies in the global MCT IR detector market.
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific requirements. Customize this report on the global MCT IR detector market to get insight into comprehensive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following parameters.
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of products (segment and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Small variations in composition, doping across a large wafer, and few defects across large wafer and others.
- Market data of top companies in the global MCT IR detector market
- Key developments of top companies in the global MCT IR detector market
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement