The North American ophthalmology diagnostic and monitoring devices market is mainly driven by an increase in the incidences and prevalence of ophthalmic disorders, which include disorders of the retina (posterior segment) and the cornea (anterior segment).
The North American market for ophthalmology diagnostic and monitoring devices was valued at $675.7 million in 2013, and expected to reach $838.4 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. The fundus camera market is the largest product segment in this market, with a value of $186.7 million in 2013.
The report on the North American ophthalmology diagnostic and monitoring devices market analyzes the products under various types, namely optical coherence tomographers, ophthalmic ultrasound imaging systems, fundus cameras, ophthalmoscopes, retinoscopes, wavefront abberometers, corneal topographers, autorefractors/phoropters, pachymeters, keratometers, and specular microscopes. The product fundus camera is further segmented into three products such as non-mydriatic, mydriatic, and non-mydriatic/mydriatic.
North America, especially the U.S., has been the prime market for ophthalmology diagnostic and monitoring device companies due to favorable reimbursement policies There were around 110 million people suffering from diabetic retinopathy in 2011. This is projected to reach 180 million by 2030. There are more than 175 million individuals in the world who are blind or at a serious risk of becoming blind, according to the World Health Organization. Changing demographics also present considerable opportunities for the North American ophthalmology diagnostic and monitoring devices market.
This report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in this market. The main companies extensively covered in this report are Topcon Corporation,Carl Zeiss, Allergan, Inc., and Nidek Co. LTD.
Segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the North American market for ophthalmology diagnostic and monitoring devices to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise) of ophthalmology surgery devices
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Country-specific prevalence of cataract, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy
- Country-specific incidences of cataract, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of surgical procedures performed for cataract, glaucoma, and corneal transplants in each country
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customer perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Market share analysis of the top players in the market
- Crucial developments and strategies companies are implementing in order to grow
1.1 Objective of the study
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
1.4.1 Assumptions (Market Size, Forecast, etc)
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Opthalmology Diagnostic and Monitoring Devices-North America, By Segments
4.1 Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)Scanners-North America
4.2 Opthalmic Ultrasound Imaging Systems-North America
4.3 Fundus Camera-North America
4.4 Opthalmoscopes-North America
4.5 Retinoscopes-North America
4.6 Wavefront Aberrometers-North America
4.7 Corneal Topographers-North America
4.8 Autorefractors/Phoropters-North America
4.9 Pachymeters-North America
4.10 Keratometers-North America
4.11 Specular Microscope-North America
4.12 Biometers-North America
4.13 Perimeters/Visula Field Analyzers-North America
4.14 Tonometers-North America
4.15 Slit Lamps-North America
4.16 Optotype projector-North America
4.17 Dioptometers-North America
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement