With the rapid technological advancement the display industry has innovated from the heaviest material called the Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) to efficient displays such as Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED). The advancements have been witnessed in the market due to the explosion of computers of sizes ranging from mainframes to palmtops and now to displays that are less than an inch diagonally.
North America which is considered the market leader in the Microdisplay market, mainly driven by increasing use of consumer electronics such as smartphone’s and television pegged $163 million in 2013 and is expected to reach the revenue of $348 million, at a CAGR of 28.63%.
Apart from consumer electronics, the application of microdisplays includes industrial, military and medical applications. The use of OLED microdisplay rather than the traditional LCoS microdisplay is making the market more profitable and technologically advanced. The future of OLED microdisplay is the next generation Google glasses, for which the Google is in talks with MicroOLED to supply the OLED microdisplays.
The major developments done in this market are:
- Microdisplay technology manufacturer Kopin Corp. has partnered with Motorola Inc. to introduce a wireless headset with a high-definition virtual display and speech recognition for remote control of things such as smart phones and PCs
- Cypress semiconductor Corp. along with the silicon light machines will develop a device called Optical switch which will allow the routing optical signals to remain totally in optical domain thereby leveraging the technologies produced for microdisplays in quest to supply components to drive increase in network bandwidth.
These innovations in the technology is often been supported by various government initiatives and investments which in turn drives the market growth. The macro-economic indicators such as: research and development expenditure, high-technology exports, patents and trademarks also affect this market.
Cypress semiconductors, Kopin Corporation, LG Display Co. Ltd, Liteye Systems Inc., Micron Technology, Microoled, Himax display, and Epson are the major competing companies in the microdisplay market.
With Market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your Company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (Segment wise)
- Product Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub segment level
- Segment wise and Country wise analysis of usage of products at end user level
- Region wise end-user Adoption rate analysis of the technology
- Technology Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of technologies mapped at country and sub segment level
- Upcoming development in the technology (company and country wise)
Data from key players
- Key revenue pockets for the manufacturing firms
- Various firms opinion about different upcoming market and trends
- Qualitative inputs on macro-economic indicators, mergers and acquisition
Country level data analysis
- Country level data for top countries in Wireless sensor market
- Country specific data showing opportunities in different regions
- In depth trend analysis of raw materials in competitive scenario
- Raw material/ Component Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of Raw material/ Component portfolio of each company mapped at country level
- Comprehensive coverage of regulations followed in different countries
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement