The North American floating production system market was valued at $2,551.0 million in the year 2013 and is expected to reach $5,590.0 million by the end of 2018, growing at a CAGR of 17.0% from 2013 to 2018.
North America is the world’s second-largest consumer of crude oil due to its constant increase in demand from U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The increase in exploration activities in these regions has added to the increased demand for floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels and systems, hence increasing the scope of the market.
There has been a significant growth in the number of off shore wells drilled in North American region. The number of offshore wells drilled increased by 12% in 2013 over 2012, driving the market in this region.
The report, ‘North America Floating Production System Market forecast, 2012-2018’, analyses the floating production system market by geography.
In addition, the report provides an extensive competitive landscape of key companies operating in the floating production system market. Some of the key players operating in the market are Keppel Offshore & Marine, and others. The report includes their region-wise market share, new product and service launches, mergers and acquisitions, and the product portfolio of key market players.
Additional Customization Options
With market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize your report to get an insight into comprehensive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following parameters.
Product Benchmarking Outlook
- Comparison of vessels of key players on the basis of the type of floating production systems they build (FPSO, TLP, Semi-Submersible, Mobile, Spar, and Buoy-Shaped) and type of water depths
Customer Segment Outlook
- Information about vessels
- FPSO vessel name
- Location of oil field it is operated in
- Field operator
- Year of inception
- Vessel operator
- Type of platform
- Condition: newly built or converted
- Quick turnaround on key upcoming subsea projects driving the demand for floating production systems
- Analysis and impact of local and regional environmental regulations (by country)
Market Capital Outlook
- Capex information
- Historical and forecasted capex information of leading FPSO operators
- Capex by component (hull, topside modules, and mooring systems)
- Capex by order
Current Industry Challenges
- Challenges faced in the FPSO industry
- Technological challenges
- Project execution difficulties
- Supply chain complexity
- Financing restrictions
- Is leasing or buying FPSO beneficial to the customer:
- FPS leasing, major leasing contractors, redeployment of leased units
- In-depth value chain analysis of FPS:
- Interrelation between segments
- Impact of segments on the market
1.1 Objective of the study
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
1.4.1 Assumptions (Market Size, Forecast, etc)
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 North America, By Geographies
4.1 North America - Other Geographies
4.3.1 U.S., By Companies
220.127.116.11 U.S.-Hyundai Heavy Industries LTD.
18.104.22.168 U.S.-Keppel Offshore and Marine
22.214.171.124 U.S.-Malaysian Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad (MHB).
126.96.36.199 U.S.-SBM Offshore
188.8.131.52 U.S.-Technip SA
184.108.40.206 U.S.-TEEKAY CORPORATION
5 North America, By Companies
5.1 Split By Geography
5.1 North America - Other Geographies by Companies
5.1 Mexico by Companies
5.1 U.S. by Companies
5.2 North America-Keppel Offshore and Marine
5.2.1 North America-Keppel Offshore and Marine, By Geographies
220.127.116.11 U.S.-Keppel Offshore and Marine
5.3 North America-Other Companies
5.4 Hyundai Heavy Industries LTD.-North America
5.5 Malaysian Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad (MHB).-North America
5.6 North America-Samsung Heavy Industries ltd.
5.7 SBM Offshore-North America
5.8 Technip SA-North America
5.9 TEEKAY CORPORATION-North America