Temperature sensors are expected to witness tremendous growth in the next five years as they are widely used across different application segments. Currently, the market is dominated by contact type sensors like thermocouples and RTDs but we predict strong competition between contact and noncontact temperature sensing technologies in future. Noncontact temperature sensors are dominated by IR temperature sensors and increasingly used in high-temperature applications. IR sensing is highly recommended in the food and beverage industry, plastic industry, metal industry, etc.
Due to improved sensitivity, temperature sensors are used in loads of applications such as petrochemicals, automotive segments, consumer electronics, computer peripherals, space applications, and industrial segment. There is rise in demand for consumer electronic devices, which use microprocessors such as smartphones, media players, cameras and gaming devices that make use of temperature sensors ICs to a greater extent. Acceptance of noncontact temperature sensors in many application segments will add on to their consumption in future. Safety-related mandates in Latin America are acting as a driver to the growth of temperature sensors.
Technological advancement is opening new doors to the temperature sensors in Latin America with regards to petrochemicals.
The market size of Latin America temperature sensors in the year 2013 was $283 million and is expected to reach $384 million by 2018, at an estimated CAGR of 6.3%. In terms of volume, 192 million temperature sensors were shipped in the year 2013 and the number is expected to reach 339 million by 2018.
Temperature sensor market in Latin America is triggered due to a lot of factors. For the temperature sensor market, vehicle production in emerging markets, increasing government intervention, availability of strong aftermarket and continuous demand from consumer electronics and computing peripherals are acting as drivers. Competition within the technologies, pricing, and maturity of critical end-user segments are acting as restraints. Technological advancement and emergence of MEMS in temperature sensing are the future opportunities for temperature sensors.
Scope of the report
This temperature sensor market research report categorizes the Latin America market on the basis of different types of applications for which the sensors are used and regional analysis; forecasting revenue and analyzing trends in the market.
On the basis of product type
In this section, temperature sensor market is divided as per the type of sensor used. Temperature sensor ICs, Thermistor, Resistive Temperature Detectors (RTD), Thermocouple and so on are the prominent sensor types used for various applications.
On the basis of applications
In this section, temperature sensor market is divided as per the applications for which the sensors are used. Automotive and Aerospace, Petrochemicals, Consumer Electronics, Utilities, Industrial segment are the prominent segments that consume the temperature sensor to a greater extent.
On the basis of region
- Latin America is subdivided into Brazil and Argentina.
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends, and opportunities, key players, and competitive outlook. This report will also provide market tables for covering the sub-segments and micro-markets. In addition, the report also provides company profiles covering all the sub-segments.
With Market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your Company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- In depth trend analysis of products in competitive scenario
- Product Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country level
- Product Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio for temperature sensor market along with the various applications they are used for
- Comprehensive coverage of regulations followed in each country (Brazil and Argentina)
Data from Manufacturing Firms
- Fast turn-around analysis of Manufacturing Firms with response to market events and trends
- Various firms opinion about different products
- Qualitative inputs on macro-economic indicators, mergers and acquisition in each country
- In depth analysis of the market for different applications in temperature sensor market
Shipment/ Volume Data
- Value of components shipped annually in each country tracked
- Quantitative input of temperature sensor applications in each country tracked
Trend analysis of Applications
- Application Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio of each company mapped at country level
- Application Matrix which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio for temperature sensor market