The Global Acoustic Wave Sensor Market, mainly driven by advent of microsystems and wireless technologies for use in sensors in both, medical & automotive applications, was valued at $288 million in 2013 and expected to reach $721.16 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 20% from 2013 to 2018.
The acoustic wave humidity sensor market was valued at $15.0 million in 2013 and is expected to reach a market value of $38.0 million in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 21.0% from 2013 to 2018. Europe holds the largest market share accounting for almost 41% of the revenue, while North America covers around 26% of the market share.
Surface acoustic wave (SAW)-based humidity sensors have gained demand in different application fields as they do not require a power source and have wireless function. If the atmosphere of SAW sensor is ambient and temperature-controlled, water will condense on it at the dew-point temperature, thereby making it an effective dew-point or humidity sensor. For humidity detection, a thin film of hygroscopic selective coating such as Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and polyvinyl pyrrolidone (PVP) must be deposited on the sensors. Prompt sensor response becomes an essential parameter for applications such as medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and meteorology. The sensor should be able to conduct humidity measurements and data acquisition in real time. Although polymer-based humidity sensors have been developed, the response/recovery time for many polymer coatings were shown to be rather long, frequently on the order of several seconds or even minutes. A stable selective coating for real time humidity detection is yet to be commercialized.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in this market. The main companies operating in Joint reconstruction device market and extensively covered in this report are API Technologies Corporation, Epson Toyocom, Honeywell International Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Epcos, CTS Corporation and so on. Segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, SWOT analysis, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of major companies along with value chain analysis have been detailed.
With market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters.
- Region-wise end-user adoption rate analysis of the technology
- Technology matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of technologies mapped at country and sub-segment level
- Upcoming developments in the technology (company and country wise)
- Technology matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of technologies with respect to sensing parameter
Data from Key Players
- Key revenue pockets for manufacturing, supplying firms
- Various firms' opinions about different upcoming markets and trends
- Qualitative inputs on macroeconomic indicators and mergers and acquisitions
Trend Analysis of Applications
- Application matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio of each company mapped in different regions
- Application matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio for different components and technologies used in acoustic wave humidity sensors
- Market share analysis of acoustic wave humidity sensors on the basis of different applications
- Unit shipment data of acoustic wave humidity sensors in Europe and other regions
- Unit shipment data of acoustic wave humidity sensors on the basis of applications
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement