The European radiotherapy market, mainly driven by the rapidly changing cancer treatment technology and the growing number of cancer patients, was valued at $915.4 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $1,028.1 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 2.3%.
The report analyzes the market of devices in terms of 3 segments, such as external beam radiation therapy, internal beam radiation therapy, and systemic radiation therapy. All of these segments are expected to experience a positive growth till 2018, owing to an increase in the cancer patient pool, and the increased awareness for procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques. The external beam radiotherapy market is the largest segment of the radiotherapy device market. With a market value of $1,427.1 million and $241.7 million, the external beam radiotherapy and internal beam radiotherapy segments have been contributing 76.0% and 12.9% to the total radiotherapy devices market. The markets have been witnessing significantly high growth because of the increase in the cancer patient pool.
In 2008, 2.5 million people were diagnosed with cancer in the European Union (EU27). Cancer is also the second most common cause of death in the region. 29% of deaths for men or 3 out of 10 deaths, 23% for women or 2 out of 10 deaths –figures that are expected to rise due to the ageing European population. The most frequently occurring forms of the disease in the EU are colorectal, breast, prostate and lung cancers. In men, lung cancer is the most frequent cause of cancer death, while in women, it is breast cancer. In both men and women, colorectal cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death.
The prevalence of cancer worldwide is around 7.4 million (53%) in males and 6.7 million (47%) in females, giving a male: female ratio of 10:9. In 2012, there were an estimated 14.1 million new cases of cancer diagnosed, in the world. In 2014, there will be an estimated 1,665,540 new cancer cases diagnosed and 585,720 cancer deaths in the U.S. Cancer remains the second most common cause of death in the U.S., accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The main companies extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical Systems, Elekta AB, Accuray Incorporation, Siemens, IBA S.A, and Covidien. Furthermore, the segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- Applications of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of prostate cancer, breast & female genital organs cancers, lung & pleura cancers, head & neck cancers, colorectal cancer, spine cancer, and brain cancer
- Country-specific patient pool of prostate cancer, breast & female genital organs cancers, lung & pleura cancers, head & neck cancers, colorectal cancer, spine cancer, and brain cancer
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data:
- Number of prostate cancer, brain cancer, lung, and head & neck cancer surgeries performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment levels
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis:
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/ Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
- Cost Analysis of radiotherapy devices in the various countries in the region
- Prostate cancer, brain cancer, lung, and head & neck cancers procedural investments in major countries of the region
- The company share analysis of the top players of the market in the region
- The crucial developments and strategies that companies inculcate in their portfolio
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s Healthcare Decision Making Quadrant: It is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters such as patient dynamics (patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and macroeconomic indicators (number of hospitals and cancer centers, reimbursement scenario, diagnosis rate, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Brazil Medical Devices
Peers of Brazil medical devices are Orthopedic Devices, Ophthalmology devices, Endoscopy and Neurology Devices comprising 12.8%, 9.2%, 7.2% and 1.9% respectively of the Global Medical Devices market. It is segmented on basis of endusers and...