The global proton radiotherapy systems market, mainly driven by rapidly changing cancer treatment technology and growing number of cancer patients, was valued at $322 million in 2013, and expected to be $388 million by 2018. It is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8%. The proton radiotherapy systems market is the smallest segment of $ 322 million external beam radiotherapy devices market.
The report ‘Proton Radiotherapy Systems Market forecast, 2012-2018’ analyzes the market of devices by segments such as cyclotron and synchrotron for proton therapy. All of these segments are expected to show a positive growth till 2018, with an increase in cancer patient pool, increased awareness for procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques. With a market value of $276 million and $46 million, the cyclotron and synchrotron segments have been contributing 86% and 14% respectively, in terms of total proton radiotherapy systems market. Both the markets have been witnessing maximum growth because of increase in cancer patient pool.
In North America (US, Canada), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK), and Asia (India, China, Japan) the rising rates of cancer population have been driving the market growth. The proton radiotherapy systems market growth is significantly higher in North America because of its inclination to the newer techniques. On the other hand, comparatively slow-moving markets such as Europe and Japan are maturing with both old and new technologies. North America is and the largest market for proton radiotherapy systems market globally.
Majorly, the U.S. and Europe comprise the maximum share of proton radiotherapy systems market. However, the various developing Asian countries and other regions of the world are adopting new policies to welcome this therapeutic procedure in the fight against cancer.
Prevalence of cancer worldwide is around 7.4 million (53%) in males and 6.7 million (47%) in females, giving a male to female ratio of 10:9. In 2012, there were 14.1 million new cases of cancer in the world. In 2014, there will be an estimated 1,665,540 new cancer cases diagnosed and 585,720 cancer deaths in the US. Cancer remains the second most common cause of death in the US, accounting for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in proton radiotherapy systems market. The main companies operating in external beam radiotherapy market and extensively covered in this report are Varian Medical Systems, Elekta AB, Accuray Incorporation, Siemens, IBA S.A, covidien, Protom international Inc, and Mevion Medical Systems, Inc.
Segment and country specific company shares, news & deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of proton radiotherapy systems products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of proton radiotherapy systems product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the proton radiotherapy systems products (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country specific prevalence of Prostate Cancer, Breast and female genital organs Cancers, Lung and pleura Cancers, Head and neck cancers, Colorectal Cancer, Spine Cancer and Brain Cancer
- Country specific patient pool of Prostate Cancer, Breast and female genital organs Cancers, Lung and pleura Cancers, Head and neck cancers, Colorectal Cancer, Spine Cancer and Brain Cancer
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of prostate cancer, brain cancer, lung, and head and neck cancers surgeries performed annually in each country tracked till sub-segment level
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ response to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinion about proton radiotherapy systems products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of proton radiotherapy systems in various countries
- Prostate cancer, brain cancer, lung, and head and neck cancers procedural investment in major countries
- The company share analysis of proton radiotherapy systems for the top players of the market in the region
- The crucial developments and strategies of companies inculcating in their portfolio for proton radiotherapy systems
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s healthcare decision making quadrant is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters like patient dynamics (patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and macroeconomic indicators (number of hospitals and cancer centers, reimbursement scenario, diagnosis rate, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure).
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 By Applications
4.1 Prostate Cancer
4.2 Breast and female genital organs Cancers
4.3 Lung and pleura Cancers
4.4 Head and neck cancers
4.5 Colorectal Cancer
4.6 Spine Cancer
4.7 Brain Cancer
5 By Products
5.1 Cyclotron for Proton Therapy
5.2 Synchrotron for Proton Therapy
6 By Geographies
6.1 North America
6.4 Rest of World
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement