Temperature sensors are expected to witness tremendous growth in the next five years as they are being widely used across different application segments. Currently, the market is dominated by contact type sensors such as thermocouples and RTDs; however, a strong competition between contact and noncontact temperature sensing technologies can be expected in the coming years. Noncontact temperature sensors are dominated by IR temperature sensors and increasingly used in high-temperature applications. IR sensing is highly recommended in the food & beverage industry, plastic industry, and metal industry, among others.
National Electronics & Watch Co. (NEWCO’s) (Hong Kong) BlutolTemp Thermometer can store, collect, and display temperature data on a smart phone with an application, which lets the users set up a wireless network of up to 10 continuously monitored sensors. This aims at installing smart temperature monitoring networks by reducing the cost and complexity in applications such as homes and commercial buildings, by influencing the ease of the smart phone. Technological advancements are offering new opportunities to the temperature sensors in APAC, mainly in the petrochemicals industry.
The value of the APAC temperature sensors market in 2013 was $1.2 billion and is expected to reach $1.6 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2013 to 2018. In terms of volume, 819 million temperature sensors were shipped in 2013 and the number is expected to reach 1.4 billion by 2018.
The temperature sensor market in APAC is growing due to a lot of factors, such as the rising vehicle production in emerging markets, increasing government intervention, availability of strong aftermarket, and continuous demand from consumer electronics and computing peripherals. The competition within the technologies, pricing, and maturity of critical end-user segments are acting as restraints. Technological advancements and the emergence of MEMS in temperature sensing are the future opportunities for temperature sensors.
Scope of the Report
This temperature sensor market research report categorizes the APAC market on the basis of different types of applications and countries, with revenue forecasts and analysis of the trends in the market segments.
On the Basis of Product Type
In this section, the temperature sensor market is divided as per the type of sensor used. Temperature sensor ICs, thermistor, Resistive Temperature Detectors (RTD), and thermocouple are the prominent sensor types used for various applications.
On the Basis of Applications
In this section, the temperature sensor market is divided as per the applications for which the sensors are used. Automotive and aerospace, petrochemicals, consumer electronics, utilities, and industrial segment are the prominent segments in the concerned market.
On the Basis of Region
The APAC market has been segmented into China, Japan, India, and South Korea, among others.
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends, and opportunities, key players, and competitive outlook. This report will also provide market tables for covering the sub-segments and micro-markets. In addition, the report also provides company profiles covering all the sub-segments.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- In depth trend analysis of products in competitive scenario
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country level
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio for temperature sensor market along with the various applications they are used for
- Comprehensive coverage of regulations followed in each country (China, Japan, India, and South Korea)
Data from Manufacturing Firms
- Fast turn-around analysis of manufacturing firms with response to market events and trends
- Various firms’ opinions about different products
- Qualitative inputs on macro-economic indicators, mergers, and acquisitions in each country
- In-depth analysis of the market for different applications in temperature sensor market
- Tracking the value of components shipped annually in each country
- Tracking quantitative inputs of temperature sensor applications in each country
Trend Analysis of Applications
- Application matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio of each company mapped at country level
- Application matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of application portfolio for the temperature sensor market
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement