Rare earth metals or rare earth elements (REEs) are a relatively abundant group of seventeen elements found in the periodic table. Out of the seventeen, fifteen elements comprise the lanthanide series found between atomic number 57 and 71. The rare earths can further be divided into two categories—heavy rare earth elements (HREE’s) and light rare earth elements (LREEs). The demand for rare earth metal in Asia-Pacific was estimated 95,695.38 tons in 2012, and is projected to reach 161,491.5 tons by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 9.1% from 2013. Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals market has grown considerably during the past few years and is expected to grow at a more rapid pace in the next five years. Cerium oxide is a major type of rare earth metal, and has a huge demand in Asia-pacific.
These elements are relatively abundant in nature even though their name suggests otherwise. Each REE is more common in the earth's crust than silver, gold or platinum, while cerium, yttrium, neodymium, and lanthanum are more common than lead. Thulium and lutetium are the least abundant REEs with crustal abundance of approximately 0.5 parts per million. The radioactive element promethium does not occur freely in nature. Rare earth metals are widely used in various applications such as permanent magnets, metal alloys, glass polishing, glass additives, catalysts, phosphors, ceramics, and others.
The continuous rise in production of end products for use within the region and for exports derives a huge demand for the chemicals. The growing demand and policies including emission control, environment friendly products, etc., have led to innovation and developments in the industry, making it a strong chemical hub globally. The exorbitant growth and innovation along with the industry consolidations are expected to ascertain a bright future for the industry in the region. China is the major consumer of Rare earth metals in Asia-Pacific, accounting for 60% of the global rare earth consumption.
The key countries covered in Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals Market are China, Japan, and Others. The types of rare earth metals studied include lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, neodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, yttrium, and others. Further, as a part of qualitative analysis, the Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals Market research report provides a comprehensive review of the important drivers, restraints, opportunities, and burning issues in the rare earth metals market.
The Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals Market report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It also includes the company profiles of and competitive strategies adopted by various market players, including Alkane Resources Ltd (Australia), Arafura Resources Ltd (Australia), Avalon Rare Metals Inc. (Canada), and Baotou Hefa Rare Earth Co. Ltd. (China).
With Market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your Company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Market size and forecast (Deep Analysis and Scope)
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by application (country-wise)
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by type of rare earth metal (country-wise)
- Country wise market trends in terms of both value and volume
- Competitive landscape with a detailed comparison of portfolio of each company mapped at the regional- and country-level
- Production Data with a wealth of information on Rare earth metals Raw material suppliers as well as producers at country level with much comprehended approach of understanding
- Comprehensive data showing Rare earth metals plant capacities, production, Consumption, trade statistics, Price analysis
- Analysis of Forward chain integration as well as backward chain integration to understand the approach of business prevailing in the Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals market
- Detailed analysis of Competitive Strategies like new product Launch, expansion, Merger & acquisitions etc. adopted by various companies and their impact on Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals Market
- Detailed Analysis of various drivers and restraints with their impact on the Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals Market
- Detailed Analysis of various drivers and restraints with their impact on the Asia-Pacific Rare earth metals market
- Upcoming opportunities in REE market
- SWOT for top companies in REE market
- Porters 5 force analysis for rare earth metals market
- PESTLE analysis for major countries in rare earth metals market