The African floating production system market was valued at $2,981.0 million in the year 2013 and is expected to reach $7,587.0 million by the end of 2018, growing at a CAGR of 20.5% from 2013 to 2018.
The demand for crude oil in this region is increasing year by year. There was an increase of 4.9% in this demand in 2013 from 2011. The increase in exploration activities in these regions has added to the increased demand for floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels and systems, hence increasing the scope of the market.
There has been a significant growth in the number of offshore wells drilled in the African region. The number of such wells drilled increased by 2.4% between 2011 and 2013, acting as a major driver of the floating production system market.
The report, ‘Africa Floating Production System Market Forecast, 2012-2018’, analyzes the floating production system market by geography. The geographies include Egypt, Angola, Nigeria, and others, among which Nigeria has the major share.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in the floating production system market. The key players in this market are Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. and others, The report includes its region-wise market share, new product and service launches, mergers and acquisitions, and the product portfolio of key market players.
Additional Customization Options
With market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize your report to get an insight into comprehensive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following parameters.
Product Benchmarking Outlook
- Comparison of vessels of key players on the basis of the type of floating production systems they build (FPSO, TLP, Semi-Submersible, Mobile, Spar, and Buoy-Shaped) and type of water depths
Customer Segment Outlook
- Information about vessels
- FPSO vessel name
- Location of oil field it is operated in
- Field operator
- Year of inception
- Vessel operator
- Type of platform
- Condition: newly built or converted
- Quick turnaround on key upcoming subsea projects driving the demand for floating production systems
- Analysis and impact of local and regional environmental regulations (by country)
Market Capital Outlook
- Capex information
- Historical and forecasted capex information of leading FPSO operators
- Capex by component (hull, topside modules, and mooring systems)
- Capex by order
Current Industry Challenges
- Challenges faced in the FPSO industry:
- Technological challenges
- Project execution difficulties
- Supply chain complexity
- Financing restrictions
- Is leasing or buying FPSO beneficial to the customer:
- FPS leasing, major leasing contractors, redeployment of leased units
- In-depth value chain analysis of FPS:
- Interrelation between segments
- Impact of segments on the market
1.1 Objective of the study
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
1.4.1 Assumptions (Market Size, Forecast, etc)
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Africa, By Geographies
4.1 Africa - Other Geographies
4.2 Africa - Angola
4.3 Africa - Nigeria
5 Africa, By Companies
5.1 Split By Geography
5.1 Africa - Other Geographies by Companies
5.1 Africa - Angola by Companies
5.1 Africa - Nigeria by Companies
5.2 Africa-Samsung Heavy Industries ltd.
5.3 Africa-Other Companies
5.4 Africa-Bumi Armada
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement