The global ankle replacement devices market is mainly driven by the aging population and the increasing prevalence of rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
The report analyzes the market of devices by 2 segments, namely, total ankle replacement and ankle fusion. The segments experienced a positive growth till 2012, owing to an increased awareness for procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques.
The global ankle replacement devices market has been witnessing the maximum growth because of the increasing incidences of accident and trauma patients, increase in patient pool, and procedure numbers of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Ankle replacement is the procedure adopted to treat degenerative ankle joints. There are two options for the ankle replacement surgery: ankle fusion with screws and rods or ankle replacement with a movable rotating titanium implant. Ankle fusion, although a conservative technique compared to ankle replacement, is still the most popular treatment process as it provides better stability and lesser complexity. While replacement provides better degree of motion and optimal function, fusion techniques are preferred by most as it is cost-effective and well-proven technique. Active lifestyle and sports related injuries are some of the factors pushing the market for ankle replacement implants.
Total ankle replacement process involves total replacement of the ankle joint with an artificial metallic or metal on ceramic implant made of titanium alloy. This is a modern technique as compared to ankle fusion. This process involves motion of the ankle to be retained with the implantation of movable ankle joint in place of the affected ankle joint. This process is particularly popular among young patients facing sports related injuries. Active lifestyle along with increasing prevalence of osteoarthritis is also contributing the growth of this market. In ankle fusion, the whole ankle joint is fused using screws and plates, impacting the movement of the joint and pain associated. This is a less complicated procedure and more preferable among the elderly population, who are generally less active. The North American market is the largest market due to presence of a large target segment of elderly population. In the Asian market, Japan holds the largest share of the market.
The report global ankle replacement devices market also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The main companies operating in the market and extensively covered in this report are Stryker, Zimmer, DePuy Synthes, Medtronic, Smith and Nephew, Exactech Inc., Tornier, Biomet Inc., Wright Medical Group and Ottobock.
The market data enables you to customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of foot & ankle osteoarthritis (OA) and foot & ankle rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Country-specific patient pool of foot & ankle OA and foot & ankle RA
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data:
- Bilateral and unilateral foot & ankle procedures performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment level
- Number of foot & ankle replacement procedures performed in each country
Surgeons/Physicians Perception Analysis:
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of bone cements (antibiotic and non-antibiotic) by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s Healthcare Decision Making Quadrant: It is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters like patient dynamics (patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and macroeconomic indicators (number of hospitals and orthopedic clinics, reimbursement scenario, diagnosis rate, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure)
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 By Geographies
4.1 North America
4.4 Rest of World
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement