The global tapes market is driven by aging population and rising incidence of chronic diseases.
The report “Tapes Market Forecast, 2012-2018”, analyzes the market in terms of types of tapes such as fabric/cloth, paper, transparent, surgical, sports, elastic, and silicone. The segmentation of the market experienced a positive growth till 2013, as physicians mainly chose to treat wounds with dry bandages, tapes and dressings which account for more than 50% of the chronic and severe wound care market. The markets have been witnessing the growth because there are many wounds which do not require anything but protection from infection hence, traditional products will definitely remain the first choice for physicians everywhere.
Global Tapes Market is a mature market and has slow growth due to lack of new product innovation is this category. Asian markets can be seen as important markets for tapes industry due to increase in aging population, low disposable income which results into use of inexpensive methods of wound healing.
In North America (US, Canada) and Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK), the reimbursement schemes drives the tapes market. If a simple tape or dressing can heal a wound, practitioners prefer less labor intensive and cheaper option. In these cases, payers find it difficult to justify the higher prices of advanced products. The prevalence of diabetic and neuropathic ulcers and surgical wounds across the world is high which drives the tapes market.
The global tapes market report provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in this market. The key players of the market covered in this report are Smith & Nephew, 3M healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien and Molnlycke healthcare
The details of segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies is also covered in the report.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- Applications of the products (segment and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of ulcers, burns, and surgical wounds
- Country-specific patient pool of skin, diabetic and neuropathic ulcers
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeon’s/Physician’s Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons response to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of tapes products by physicians
- Surgeon’s opinion about products from different companies
- Surgeon’s qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s Healthcare Decision Making Quadrant It is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters like Patient dynamics (Patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and Macroeconomic indicators (aging population, reimbursement scenario, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure).
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 By Applications
4.1 Skin Ulcers (Wound Management)
4.2 Burns (Wound Management)
4.3 Surgical Wounds (Wound Management)
5 By Geographies
5.1 North America
5.4 Rest of World
6 By Companies
6.1 Paul Hartmann AG
6.2 Smith & Nephew
6.3 Kinetic Concepts, Inc.
6.4 Molnlycke Healthcare
6.7 3M Health Care
6.9 Other Companies
6.10 Hollister Incorporated
6.11 Derma Lifesciences
6.12 Urgo Medical
6.13 Johnson & Johnson
6.14 BSN Medical
6.15 Covidien Plc
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement