Linear alkylbenzene (LAB) is a vital ingredient for synthetic detergents. Nearly 98% of LAB production is used to manufacture linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS), which is used in household synthetic detergents. The remaining 2% of the demand for LAB comes from other applications, such as agricultural herbicides, emulsion polymerization, wetting agents, electric cable oil, ink solvents, and the paint industry .The Global Linear alkylbenzene market was valued at $5,900.3 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $7,7707.0 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 4.7%, for the given period. This growth will be heavily driven by developing regions because of low penetration and low per capita expenditure on detergents.
Alkylbenzene is also known as detergent alkylate, and is converted to linear alkylbenzene sulfate (LAS), which is mainly used as a surfactant in detergents and cleaning products. Linear alkylbenzene is most commonly used as raw material in the production of biodegradable household detergents. It is mainly produced from n-paraffins, kerosene and benzene. A huge portion of alkylbenzene is converted to linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS), which is an anionic surfactant used mainly in household laundry, cleaning products, and in some industrial applications. Heavy-duty laundry liquids principally utilized for commercial laundry purposes are the most dominant users of LAS. Alkylbenzene in small proportion is employed in the manufacture of ink, agricultural herbicides, paint industry, wetting agents and electric cable oil.
It is estimated that about 3,752.7 KT of alkylbenzene was consumed globally in 2012, and this demand is expected to reach 4,339.1 KT by 2018, at an estimated CAGR of about 2.5%, from 2013 to 2018. However, the overall market value of alkylbenzene was estimated at about $5,900.3 million in 2012 which is projected to reach a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period.
The key regions covered in market report are Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America. The various applications studied include linear alkylbenzene sulfate and others. Further, as part of qualitative analysis, the Global Linear alkylbenzene market research report provides a comprehensive review of the important drivers, restraints, opportunities, and issues in the benzene market.
The Global Linear alkylbenzene Market report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It also includes the company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by various market players, comprising BASF SE, BP PLC (U.S), Total S.A., Exxonmobil Corp, The Dow Chemical Company, CPCC, CNPC, JX Nippon Oil And Energy Group, Royal Dutch Shell and SABIC.
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Market size and forecast
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by application (country-wise)
- Competitive landscape with a detailed comparison of portfolio of each company mapped at the regional- and country-level
- Market size in terms of volume (application-wise and country-wise)
- Production Data at country level with much comprehended approach of understanding
- Comprehensive coverage of plant capacity estimates that will analyze the future prospects of the Linear alkylbenzene market
- Plant Capacities for major countries(by companies)
- Analysis of Load factor to understand actual production at country level
- Deep Dive Value chain analysis
- Raw materials used in making Linear alkylbenzene
- Analysis of Forward chain integration as well as backward chain integration to understand the approach of business prevailing in the Linear alkylbenzene market
- Impact analysis
- Detailed Analysis of various drivers and their impact on the market
- Detailed Analysis of various restraints and their impact on the market
- The various new opportunities for the emerging players
- Detailed analysis of Competitive Strategies like new product launch, expansions, Merger & acquisitions etc. adopted by various companies and their impact on Linear alkylbenzene Market
- Trade analysis
- Trade data, by country
- Import-export data, by each country with other key countries of the world
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
C10-C15 Alkyl Benzene
C10-C15 Alkyl Benzene and Anionic Surfactants adds up to total
Europe Linear alkylbenzene
The European linear alkylbenzene market was valued at $936.8 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $1,139.8 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2013 to 2018. This growth will be heavily driven by developing regions because of low penetration and low per capita expenditure on detergents.
Asia-Pacific Linear alkylbenzene
The Asia-pacific linear alkylbenzene market was valued at $2,652.0 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $3,530.0 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2013 to 2018. This growth will be heavily driven by developing regions because of low penetration and low per capita expenditure on detergents.