Linear alkylbenzene (LAB) is a vital ingredient for synthetic detergents. Nearly 98% of LAB production is used to manufacture linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS), which is used in household synthetic detergents. The remaining 2% of the demand for LAB comes from other applications, such as agricultural herbicides, emulsion polymerization, wetting agents, electric cable oil, ink solvents, and the paint industry.
The Asia-pacific linear alkylbenzene market was valued at $2,705.0 million in 2012, and is projected to reach $3,600.6 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2013 to 2018. This growth will be heavily driven by developing regions because of low penetration and low per capita expenditure on detergents.
Alkylbenzene is also known as detergent alkylate, and a large portion of is converted to LAS, which is an anionic surfactant used mainly in household laundry, cleaning products, and in some industrial applications. LAB is also commonly used as raw material in the production of biodegradable household detergents. It is mainly produced from n-paraffins, kerosene, and benzene. Heavy-duty laundry liquids principally utilized for commercial laundry purposes and are the most common users of LAS. Alkylbenzene in small proportions is employed in the manufacture of ink, agricultural herbicides, paint industry, wetting agents, electric cable oil, and so on.
In 2012, around 1,791.4 KT of alkylbenzene was consumed in Asia-Pacific, with an anticipated demand growth of about 2.9% from 2013 to 2018. China was the leading consumer of alkylbenzene in the region, consuming about 34.5% of the total regional demand in 2012, with an expected demand growth of about 3.4% during the forecast period.
The key countries covered are China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, India, and Thailand. The various applications studied include linear alkylbenzene sulfate and others. Further, as a part of qualitative analysis, the research report provides a comprehensive review of the important drivers, restraints, opportunities, and burning issues in this market.
The Asia-Pacific LAB market report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of the companies operating in this market. It includes the company profiles of and competitive strategies adopted by various market players, including BASF SE, BP plc, Total S.A., Exxon Mobil Corp., The Dow Chemical Company, China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell plc, and SABIC.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the Asia-Pacific LAB market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
Market Size and Forecast
- Consumption pattern (in-depth trend analysis), by application (country-wise)
- Competitive landscape with a detailed comparison of the portfolio of each company mapped at the regional- and country-level
- Market size in terms of volume (application wise and country wise)
- Production data at country level
- Comprehensive coverage of plant capacity estimates that will analyze the future prospects of the market
- Plant capacities of major countries (by companies)
- Analysis of load factor to understand actual production at country level
Deep-Dive Value Chain Analysis
- Raw materials used in making nitrobenzene
- Analysis of forward chain integration as well as backward chain integration to understand the approach of businesses prevailing in the Asia-Pacific LAB market
- Detailed analysis of various drivers and their impact on the market
- Detailed analysis of various restraints and their impact on the market
- Identification of new opportunities for emerging players
- Detailed analysis of competitive strategies (new product launches, expansion, mergers & acquisitions) adopted by various companies and their impact on the Asia-Pacific market
- Trade data, by country
- Import-export data, by each country with other key countries of the world
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement