The global electrosurgical instruments market, mainly driven by factors such as development of advanced energy-based electrosurgical devices, rising demand of laparoscopic procedures, rapidly aging population, increasing acceptance of aesthetic procedures, and improving reimbursement and insurance coverage in emerging markets, was valued at $1,913.4 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $2,653.2 million by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period.
The report, ‘Electrosurgical Instruments Market Forecast, 2013-2019’, analyzes the market segmented on the basis of types of surgery, namely, general, gynecology, urologic, orthopedic, cardiovascular, cosmetic, neurosurgery, and others (ENT, dermatology, and ophthalmic surgery). The electrosurgical device market covers traditional and advanced energy-based electrosurgical generators, electrosurgical instruments and accessories, and argon and smoke management systems. As of 2014, the electrosurgical instruments and accessories segment holds the largest share in the global electrosurgical instruments market and is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.8% in the next five years. A number of factors including increasing volume of surgical procedures and launch of advanced energy based vessel sealing instruments are driving the growth of this market.
Asia-Pacific represents the fastest-growing region in this market. This is attributed to the increasing demand for cosmetic procedures, improving healthcare infrastructure with insurance coverage facilities, and rising government efforts to increase the population access to the elective surgery.
In North America (U.S., Canada) and Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.), the rising rates of obese population have been driving procedure growth; however, Europe-wide effort to cut healthcare cost thereby decreasing reimbursements will compel patients to opt for alternative surgeries like arthroscopic debridement and MIS.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in the global market for electrosurgical instruments. The main companies leading the market and extensively covered in this report are Covidien plc (Ireland), Ethicon, Inc. (U.S.), Olympus Corporation (Japan), CONMED Corporation (U.S.), ERBE Elektromedizin GmbH (Germany), Bovie Medical Corporation (U.S.), and BOWA-electronic GmbH & Co. KG (Germany). As of 2013, Covidien plc (Ireland) held was leading the market.
The details of segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have also been covered in the report.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the global market for electrosurgical instruments to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of knee, hand, hip, spine osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA), heart attack, and stroke
- Country-specific incidence of knee, hand, hip, spine OA and RA, heart attack, and stroke
- Country-specific patient pool of knee, hand, hip, spine OA and RA, heart attack, stroke, and ischemia
- Mortality rate of heart failure, stroke
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Bilateral and unilateral hip and knee procedures performed annually in each country tracked till sub-segment level
- Number of foot & ankle, wrist, shoulder, elbow, digit, and disc replacement procedures performed in each country
- Number of plastic surgery procedures performed in each country
- Number of heart surgeries performed in each country
- Number of peripheral nerve repair surgeries performed in each country
- Number of dental surgeries performed in each country
Surgeon/Physician Perception analysis
- Fast turnaround analysis of surgeons’ response to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of advanced electrosurgical generators and electrosurgical instruments and accessories by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinion about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/ Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connection tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of electrosurgical instruments in major countries
- Procedural investment in hip and knee, foot & ankle, wrist, shoulder, elbow, digit and disc replacement, plastic surgery, and heart surgeries in major countries
- Company share analysis of top players in the global market for electrosurgical instruments
- Crucial developments and strategies of companies inculcating electrosurgical instruments in their portfolio
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement