Global Electronic Endoscopic Instruments Market Research Report
The global electronic endoscopic instruments market is mainly driven by favorable reimbursements, growing aging population, and increasing prevalence/incidence of diseases requiring endoscopy procedures.
The electronic endoscopic market was $2.79 billion in 2013 and is expected to be $3.75 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 6.10%. Endoscopy ultrasound is driving the market as it is non-surgical process which utilizes high frequency sound waves to produce detailed images of the gastrointestinal tract with minimal invasion.
The report “Electronic Endoscopic Instruments Market Forecast, 2008-2018”, analyzes the market of devices into segments such as insufflators, endoscopy fluid management systems, endoscopic ultrasounds (EUS), and others. With a market value of $1.48 billion and $0.69 billion, insufflators and endoscopy fluid management system with a share of 52.9% and 24.9% in terms of total market.
The demand for mechanical endoscopic instruments has increased because of patients’ preference for minimally invasive surgeries. Its procedures are of low-risk and are easily covered by health insurance. A pivotal factor that propels the growth of this market is the rapid rise in the number of elderly people who are prone to orthopedic, gastrointestinal, and ophthalmic, diseases as well as cancer. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), between 2000 and 2050, the proportion of the world's population that is aged 60 years will double from about 11% to 22%. This aging population is the main end user of knee-hip implants, bariatric surgeries, gastrointestinal endoscopy, and colonoscopy procedures.
North America accounts highest share of this market followed by Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World. North America and Europe both are likely to witness a demand for endoscopes as a result of technological advancements as well as improved reimbursement status in both the regions. Rapidly aging population, increased obesity rates, growing incidence of associated disease are some of the major factors driving the market.
Ageing, chronically ill population, increasing affluence, increasing number of private sector hospitals, advancements in endoscopic technology, and expansion to rural healthcare facilities are also going to play a pivotal role in boosting the demand for electronic endoscopic instruments in the Asian region. China and India will be the focal point for growth of this market in Asia.
The market in Rest of the world is expected to grow at a faster pace due to improved reimbursement coverage, increasing government healthcare spending, as well as increasing awareness levels of patients regarding minimally invasive surgeries.
The report provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in this market. The key players of the market covered in the report are Stryker Corporation, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc, Olympus Corporation, Covidien Plc, Arthrex, Inc., Smiths Group, Aesculap, Inc, and Karl Storz. The details of the segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies is also covered in the report
Along with the market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence and patient pool of cancer, gastrointestinal tract disorders, gastro esophageal reflux disorder (GERD), gynecological disorders.
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Different types of endoscopy procedures annually tracked till sub-segment level.
- Number of abdominal, gastro intestinal, interior of joints, gynecology, bronchology, large and small intestinal procedures
Surgeon’s/Physician’s Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeon’s response to electronic endoscopic instruments market events and trends
- Surgeon’s opinion about electronic endoscopic instruments products from different companies
- Surgeon’s qualitative inputs on epidemiology date
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of electronic endoscopic instruments in various countries.
- Procedural investments in various countries for abdominal, gastro intestinal, interior of joints, gynecological, bronchological, large and small intestinal electronic endoscopy
- The company share analysis of the top players of the market in the region.
- The crucial developments and strategies of companies inculcating in their portfolio.
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s Healthcare Decision Making Quadrant It is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters like Patient dynamics (Patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and Macroeconomic indicators (Number of Hospitals and Cancer centers, reimbursement scenario, diagnosis rate, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure)
1.1 Analyst Insights
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 By Ingredients
4.1 Carbon Nano-tubes
5 By Products
5.2 Endoscopy Fluid Management Systems
5.3 Endoscopic Ultrasounds (EUS)
6 By Geographies
6.1 North America
6.4 Rest of World
7 By Companies
7.1 Stryker Corporation
7.2 Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc
7.3 Olympus Corporation
7.4 Covidien Plc
7.5 Boston Scientific
7.6 Arthrex, Inc.
7.7 Smiths Group
7.8 Aesculap, Inc
7.9 Karl Storz
7.11 Richard Wolf GmbH
7.12 HOYA CORPORATION
7.13 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
North American Electronic Endoscopic Instruments Market
The North American electronic endoscopic instruments market is mainly driven by favorable reimbursements in select geographies, growing aging population, and increasing prevalence/incidence of diseases requiring endoscopy procedures. It was valued at $1.15 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $1.57 billion by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6.4%. The prominent players are Stryker Corporation, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., Olympus Corporation, Covidien plc, Arthrex, Inc., Smiths Group, Aesculap, Inc., and Karl Storz Endoskope.
European Electronic Endoscopic Instruments Market
The European electronic endoscopic instruments market is mainly driven by favorable reimbursements in select geographies, growing aging population, and increasing prevalence/incidence of diseases requiring endoscopy procedures. It was valued at $0.74 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $0.91 billion by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period.The prominent players are Stryker Corporation, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., Olympus Corporation, Covidien Plc, Arthrex, Inc., Smiths Group, Aesculap, Inc., and Karl Storz.
Asian Electronic Endoscopic Instruments Market
The Asian electronic endoscopic instrument market, mainly driven by favorable reimbursements in select geographies, growing aging population, and increasing prevalence/incidence of diseases requiring endoscopy procedures, was valued at $0.68 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $0.91 billion by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The prominent players are Stryker Corporation, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., Olympus Corporation, Covidien Plc, Arthrex, Inc., Smiths Group, Aesculap, Inc, and Karl Storz Endoskope.