In wireless communication, frequency is a major factor that ascertains the feasibility of wireless technology. Millimeter wave technology (mmW) operates in an unregulated bandwidth that is available worldwide. The consumer and commercial sector includes the wireless sensor network (WSN) and security applications of millimeter wave technology. Security applications in the consumer and commercial sector have been split based on the major areas of usage such as airport scanning and security, commercial building and event security, and residential and institutional security.
The value of the global millimeter wave technology market for the consumer & commercial sector is estimated to reach $134.5 million by the end of 2014, and is expected to grow further to reach $760.0 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 57.5%. The traction gained by the market is mainly due to wireless sensor networks and the active and passive millimeter wave scanner deployments that are expected to grow in the next five years.
The report, based on an extensive research study of the market and related frequency ranges, frequency band licenses, and product industries, is aimed at identifying the entire market of specifically mmW products and mmW components in all applications excluding consumer electronic applications. The report covers the overall market and sub-segment markets through extensively detailed classifications, in terms of both revenue and shipments.
The market segmentation detailed in the report is as given below.
- MM scanners and imaging systems (active and passive), MM RADAR and satellite communication systems, perimeter and surveillance RADAR, application-specific RADAR, satellite systems, MM telecommunication equipment, mobile back-haul equipment, sub-segments such as small-cell and macro-cell, Pico-cell and Femtocell, enterprise, and other networking equipment
- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest of the World (RoW)
By Application Areas
- Mobile and telecommunication, consumer & commercial, healthcare, industrial, automotive & transportation, military, defense & aerospace, and other emerging and next-generation applications
- 8 GHz to 43 GHz Frequency Millimeter wave – sub-segments – 23 GHz-38 GHz Band, 38 GHz-43 GHz Band; 43 GHz to 80 GHz Frequency Millimeter wave – sub-segments - 57 GHz-64 GHz Band, 71 GHz-76 GHz Band; 80 GHz -300 GHz Frequency Millimeter wave - 81 GHz-86 GHz Band, 92 GHz-95 GHz Band
By Licensing Nature
- Fully-licensed, light-licensed, and unlicensed frequency bands
Along with market data, you may customize MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize the report on the global millimeter wave technology market to get a comprehensive summary of industry standards and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters.
- In-depth trend analysis of products in competitive scenario
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company in each geography
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio for the mmW consumer & commercial market along with the various applications they are used for
- Comprehensive coverage of regulations followed in each geography
Data from mmW Firms in Consumer & Commercial Sector
- Fast turnaround analysis of firms with response to market events and trends
- Various firms’ opinions about different products from different companies
- Qualitative inputs on macroeconomic indicators and mergers & acquisitions in each geography
- In-depth analysis of the market for different frequency ranges and band licenses in the mmW market in the consumer & commercial sector
- Tracking the value of components shipped annually to each geography
- Tracking the quantitative input of mmW applications in the consumer & commercial market
Frequency Range and Band License Analysis
- Frequency range matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of frequency range portfolio and frequency band licenses on the basis of different products they are used in
- Frequency range matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of frequency range portfolio and frequency band licenses on the basis of different applications they are used for
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement