The North American topical drug delivery market, mainly driven by patent cliffs, increased incidence of chronic diseases, increasing competition, improving patient compliance, and huge investments made by key pharmaceutical companies, was valued at $4.23 billion in 2013, and expected to reach $4.90 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 3.00%.
The report ‘North American Topical Drug Delivery Market forecast, 2012-2018’ analyzes the market by segments, such as semi-solid formulations, liquid formulations, and solid formulations.
North America is a hub for a large number of pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery technology providers. The U.S. is the world’s largest pharmaceuticals market, and is the world leader in biopharmaceutical research, with 80.00% of the world’s research and development in the biotechnology sector being conducted by the firms in this region. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (U.S.), the pharmaceutical sector employed approximately 272,000 people, and spent $67.40 billion on research and development in 2010. Thus, the well-established U.S. pharmaceutical industry is a favorable factor for the growth of the overall drug delivery market, and consequently for the topical drug delivery market as well.
The key drivers for the drug delivery market in North America are the robust pharmaceutical industry, presence of large number of pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery technology providers, and increasing number of collaborations & partnerships between technology providers & pharmaceutical companies. In addition, an increased demand for self-administration and home healthcare devices, and increasing applications of inhalers, transdermal patches, and topical systems for chronic disease areas such as migraine, diabetes, cancer pain, and asthma have also boosted the growth of this market.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in this market. The major companies operating in the topical drug delivery market are Galderma S.A., Stiefel Laboratories, Inc., and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, you can also customize the MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Fast turn-around analysis of pharmacists’ response to market events and trends
- Pharmacists’ opinion about products from different companies
- Pharmacists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
- Pattern analysis of usage of drugs by physicians
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our in-built social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement