The North American polysomnography (PSG) devices market, mainly driven by the enormous patient base of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), accompanied by technological amelioration of well-designed clinical and ambulatory PSG devices, was valued at $1.3 billion in 2013, and is expected to reach at $2.5 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 14.7% from 2013 to 2018. The clinical polysomnography (PSG) devices market constitutes the largest segment of the overall polysomnography (PSG) devices market.
The report analyzes the market of devices in terms of 2 segments, namely, clinical and ambulatory polysomnography (PSG) devices. These segments experienced a substantial positive growth till 2013, owing to the elevated momentum in the awareness levels among the care givers and patients. The clinical PSG devices segment has been contributing nearly 61.5%, in terms of value, towards the total sleep apnea diagnostic devices. In terms of volume (units), the ambulatory PSG devices segment holds a prime stand in the total sleep apnea diagnostic devices industry. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth, mainly because of the increase in the patient pool and the rise in the incidence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
U.S. accounts for the largest market share in the North American PSG devices market, owing to the increasing healthcare awareness for sleep apnea, rising disposable incomes, improving healthcare infrastructure, economic growth favored by broadening insurance coverage, and increasing cases of obesity that are adding to the pool of sleep apnea patients. The over-prescription of overnight tests to diagnose apnea has also escalated the growth of the sleep apnea in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 36% of the U.S. adults were obese in 2010, and nearly 42% will be obese by the year 2030. Furthermore, according to the National Sleep Foundation, in 2012, around 40 million Americans were reported to suffer from chronic sleep disorder.
The report also provides a detailed competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies are also detailed in this report. The main companies covered in the report include Natus Medical, Inc., Compumedics, Ltd., Philips Respironics, CleveMed, Inc. and other companies.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Country-specific patient pool of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
- The number of unit sales, along with the respective ASPs, and the number of surgeries performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment level
- Usage data and purchasing data
- Healthcare expenditure across the region
- The number of hospitals, home healthcare units, and clinics
Surgeons’/Physicians’ Perception analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of PSG devices by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar) regarding the market
- Company share analysis of the key players forecast till 2018 across the sub-segments and countries in the market
- Developing business strategies to enhance the bottom line of the companies
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement