The North American oral drug delivery market, mainly driven by ‘patent cliffs’, increased incidence of chronic diseases, increasing competition, improving patient compliance, reformulation and repositioning of drugs using advanced oral delivery systems, and huge investments made by big pharmaceutical companies on in-house capabilities for the development of oral drug delivery technologies, was valued at $29.0 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $43.7 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2013 to 2018.
The report analyzes the market in terms of segments, such as controlled release, and ODT & taste masking, among others.
The U.S. is the world’s largest pharmaceuticals market. It is the world leader in biopharmaceutical research, with 80% of the world’s research & development in biotechnology being conducted by U.S.-based firms. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S.A, the pharmaceutical sector employed approximately 272,000 people, and spent $67.4 billion on research & development in 2010. Thus, the well-established pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. is driving the growth of the drug delivery market in the region.
The key drivers for the drug delivery market in North America are the robust pharmaceutical industry, large number of pharmaceutical companies and drug delivery technology providers, and the increasing number of collaborations and partnerships between technology providers and pharmaceutical companies. In addition, an increased demand for self-administration and home healthcare devices, and increasing applications of inhalers, transdermal patches and transmucosal systems for chronic disease areas such as migraine, diabetes, cancer pain, and asthma, have boosted the growth of the market in North America. Healthcare reforms in the U.S. are expected to impact the North American drug delivery market.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The main companies in the market include Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies, Sky Pharma PLC, Tapemark, Baxter International Inc., and Hovione Ltd., among others. Furthermore, segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in the report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Fast turn-around analysis of pharmacists’ responses to market events and trends
- Pharmacists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Pharmacists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
- Pattern analysis of usage of drugs by physicians
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement