The North American healthcare cloud computing market is mainly driven by the need to reduce costs in the healthcare industry ecosystem. The North American healthcare cloud computing market was valued at $1,706.2 million in 2013, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.8% to reach $4,965.2 million by 2018. Health Information Exchange (HIE) enables electronic transfer of clinical information among distinct healthcare information systems and insurance agencies. This information is in units as big as terabytes, and hence there is an increasing demand for networked storage-which is a shift away from direct attached storage or on-site storage.
The report ‘The North American Healthcare Cloud Computing Market forecast, 2012-2018’ analyzes the North American healthcare cloud computing by application, deployment model, service model, pricing model, and component. The application segment in the healthcare cloud computing market is divided into clinical information system (CIS) and non-clinical information system (NCIS). The CIS segment comprises electronic medical record (EMR), computerized practitioner order entry (CPOE) system, picture archiving and communication system (PACS), laboratory information system (LIS), pharmacy information system (PIS), radiology information system (RIS), and financial/billing/administrative system, while the NCIS segment consists of revenue cycle management (RCM), automatic patient billing, cost accounting, payroll management, and claims management. Private, public, and hybrid clouds are the three deployment models across the healthcare industry. The healthcare cloud market by service model is further classified into software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). Cloud computing is a utility based or pay-per-use type of a service and the market can be categorized by two types of pricing models offered by the service vendors, namely pay-as-you-go model and the subscription-based or spot pricing model. The fifth segmentation of the market is by its components, categorized into software, hardware, and service.
The North American CIS market segment was valued at $578.1 million in 2013, and is expected to reach $2,204.7 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 30.7% from 2013 to 2018. CIS accounted for 30.5% share of the overall cloud computing healthcare market in 2011. PACS contributed the largest share of 40.5% in the year 2013. The RIS cloud computing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 30.7% from 2013 to 2018 in North America, to reach a value of $336.8 million by 2018. Revenue cycle management accounted for the largest share in the NCIS market, and is expected to reach $993.4 million by 2018.
Cloud computing is estimated to serve as a boon to the healthcare industry, and the market is witnessing an increased adoption of this technology. A large number of healthcare organizations (HCOs) are allocating funds for migration to cloud computing during the forecast period.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of companies operating in this market. Major players in the market include Agfa HealthCare (Belgium), which is one of the leading players in the CIS market, while key players in the NCIS market include CareCloud (U.S.), Carestream Health, Inc. (U.S.), and Merge Healthcare, Inc. (U.S.)
Segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, you can also customize the MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get comprehensive industry standard and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Product Analysis
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Volume Data
- Number of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia & government, contract research organizations, and others
- Researchers Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of researchers’ response to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of the usage of clinical information system (CIS) and non-clinical information systems (NCIS) by researchers
- Researchers’ opinion about products from different companies
- Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our in-built social connect tool checking the vitality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Pricing Trends
- Cost analysis of clinical information system and non-clinical information system in major countries
- Investments made in the North American healthcare cloud computing market
- Competitive Intelligence
- Company share analysis of the top players in the North American healthcare cloud computing market
- Crucial developments and strategies of companies inculcated in their portfolio
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement