The North American absorbable sutures market is driven by aging population, rising incidence of chronic disease, and increasing use of sutures in child delivery process to repair episiotomy and tears at childbirth. The market was valued at $388 million in 2013 and is estimated to reach $421 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 1.8% from 2013 to 2018.
The report analyzes the market of absorbable sutures in terms of materials such as surgical gut and synthetic absorbable polymers. These segments experienced a positive growth till 2013. The markets have been witnessing significantly high growth because of increasing number of surgeries, burns, and child deliveries. It was seen that women stitched with synthetic material had less pain in the first three days after delivery and needed fewer drugs to relieve pain on the 10th day after giving birth, as compared with women stitched with catgut.
In North America, the reimbursement schemes drive this market. If a simple suture can heal a wound, practitioners prefer less labor-intensive and cheaper options. In these cases, payers find it difficult to justify the higher prices of advanced products. The increase in surgical wounds across the world is driving the absorbable sutures market. Absorbable suture materials are ideal in pediatric cardiovascular surgery.
The market report provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The key market players covered in this report include Smith & Nephew, 3M Healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien, and Molnlycke Health Care, among others. Furthermore, the country-specific company shares, news and deals, M&A, segment specific-pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies are also detailed in the report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- Applications of the products (segment and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country specific prevalence of ulcers, burns, and surgical wounds
- Country specific patient pool of skin ulcers, diabetic ulcers, neuropathic ulcers, number of child deliveries, pediatric cardiac surgeries
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeons’/Physicians’ Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of absorbable sutures products by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connection tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s Healthcare Decision Making Quadrant It is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters such as patient dynamics (patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and macroeconomic indicators (aging population, reimbursement scenario, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure).
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Asian Sutures Market
The Asian Sutures Market was valued at $145 million in 2013 and estimated to be $169 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 3.2%. Sutures in terms of types are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures and on the basis of materials are divided into natural and synthetic sutures. The key players of the market covered in this report are Smith & Nephew, 3M healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien and Molnlycke healthcare.
European Sutures Market
The European Sutures Market was valued at $233 million in 2013 and estimated to be $246 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 1.30%. Sutures in terms of types are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures and on the basis of materials are divided into natural and synthetic sutures. The key players of the market covered in this report are Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien, Molnlycke healthcare, Smith & Nephew, 3M healthcare and others.
North American Sutures Market
The North American Sutures Market was valued at $705 million in 2013 and estimated to be $763 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 1.80%. Sutures in terms of types are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures and on the basis of materials are divided into natural and synthetic sutures. The key players of the market covered in this report are 3M healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien and Molnlycke healthcare, Smith & Nephew and others.