The European polysomnography (PSG) device market, mainly driven by the enormous patient base of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), accompanied by technological amelioration of well-designed clinical and ambulatory PSG devices, was valued at $526.2 million in 2013, and is expected to reach $1.0 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 14.2% from 2013 to 2018. The clinical polysomnography (PSG) devices segment constitutes the largest share of the polysomnography (PSG) devices market.
The report analyzes the market of devices in terms of 2 segments, namely, clinical and ambulatory polysomnography (PSG) devices. These segments experienced a substantial positive growth till 2013, owing to the elevated momentum in the awareness levels among the care givers and patients. The clinical PSG devices segment has been contributing nearly 60.2%, in terms of value, towards the total sleep apnea diagnostic devices. In terms of volume (units), the ambulatory PSG devices segment holds a prime stand in the total sleep apnea diagnostic devices industry. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth, mainly because of the increase in the patient pool and the rise in the incidence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Germany accounts for the largest market share in the European PSG devices market, owing to the increasing healthcare awareness for sleep apnea, rising disposable incomes, improving healthcare infrastructure, economic growth favored by broadening insurance coverage, and the increasing cases of obesity that are adding to the pool of sleep apnea patients. Major players such as Philips Respironics have been sponsoring public awareness campaigns and health workshops to provide educational training to the medical professionals in Europe. In recent years, the European Sleep Research Society and the World Sleep Foundation have included major sleep apnea manufacturers in these awareness campaigns. According to the European Sleep Apnea Database (ESADA), by March 2014, the number of enrolled patients reached 15,956, along with 5313 follow-up visits.
The report also provides a detailed competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies are also detailed in this report. The main companies covered in the report include Natus Medical, Inc., Compumedics, Ltd., Philips Respironics, CleveMed, Inc. and other companies.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Country-specific patient pool of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
- The number of unit sales, along with the respective ASPs, and the number of surgeries performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment level
- Usage data and purchasing data
- Healthcare expenditure across the region
- The number of hospitals, home healthcare units, and clinics
Surgeons’/Physicians’ Perception analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of PSG devices by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar) regarding the market
- Company share analysis of the key players forecast till 2018 across the sub-segments and countries in the market
- Developing business strategies to enhance the bottom line of the companies
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement