The Asian pulse oximeters market, mainly driven by the enormous patient base of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), accompanied by the technological amelioration of well-designed hand-held pulse oximeters and wrist-worn pulse oximeters, was valued at $80.1 million in 2013, and is expected to reach $177.8 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 17.3%. The hand-held pulse oximeters segment constitutes the largest share in the pulse oximeters market.
The report analyzes the market of devices in terms of 4 segments, namely, hand-held pulse oximeters, wrist-worn pulse oximeters, fingertip pulse oximeters and table-top pulse oximeters. These segments experienced a substantial positive growth till 2013, owing to the elevated momentum in the awareness levels among the care givers and patients. The hand-held pulse oximeters segment has been contributing nearly 36.4%, in terms of value, towards the total pulse oximeters industry. In terms of volume (units), the hand-held pulse oximeters hold a prime stand in the overall pulse oximeters industry. The market has been witnessing the maximum growth as a result of the increase in patient pool and the rise in the incidence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Japan is the major contributor in the Asian market, with a share of 34%. This is mainly attributed to the increasing healthcare awareness for sleep apnea, rising disposable incomes, improving healthcare infrastructure, wide usage of the device in nursing homes and smaller hospitals, economic growth favored by broadening insurance coverage, and the increasing cases of obesity that are being added to the pool of sleep apnea patients. This has been used as a preferred device for continuous monitoring of the patient. The manufacturers of oximeters are considering the Asian market to be a potential avenue for further exploration.
The report also provides a detailed competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. Furthermore, the segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies are detailed in this report. The main companies covered in this report include Masimo Corporation, Covidien, Carefusion Corporation, and GE Healthcare, among others.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- A comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Country-specific patient pool of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
- The number of unit sales, along with the respective ASPs, and the number of surgeries performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment level
- Usage data and purchasing data
- Healthcare expenditure across the region
- The number of hospitals, home healthcare units, and clinics
Surgeons’/Physicians’ Perception analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of pulse oximeters in Asia, by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool (digital marketing language) checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
- Company share analysis of the key players, forecast till 2018 across sub-segments and countries of the region
- Developing business strategies to enhance the bottom line of the companies
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement