The Asian oral drug delivery market, mainly driven by ‘patent cliffs’, increased incidence of chronic diseases, increasing competition, improving patient compliance, reformulation and repositioning of drugs using advanced oral delivery systems, and huge investments made by big pharmaceutical companies on in-house capabilities for the development of oral drug delivery technologies, was valued at $10.9 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $19.8 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 12.7% from 2013 to 2018.
The report analyzes the market in terms of segments, such as controlled release, and ODT & taste masking, among others.
The pharmaceutical markets in India and China are growing rapidly, owing to low costs and favorable regulatory environments. The Indian pharmaceutical market was ranked 4th, in terms of volume, and 15th, in terms of value, in 2011. This market is expected to reach $20 billion by 2015. The Chinese pharmaceutical market was ranked third-largest, by value, at $64 billion and is expected to become the second-largest by 2015, with this market being projected to grow at a CAGR of over 20%.
In 2012, Asia held a share of 15.0% in the global drug delivery market and was valued at $21.71 billion. It is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.6% from 2012 to 2017, to reach $39.35 billion by 2017. The major factors propelling the Asian market include the saturation of the Western markets and the economic downturn in the U.S. and Europe. Furthermore, expansion of the Asian region, increase in disposable incomes, development of healthcare infrastructure, increasing penetration of health insurance, and rising prevalence of chronic diseases are expected to drive the growth of the pharmaceutical market in this region. As a result, the Asian oral drug delivery market is expected to grow significantly during the period under consideration.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The main companies in the market include Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies, Sky Pharma PLC, Tapemark, Baxter International Inc., and Hovione Ltd., among others. Furthermore, segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in the report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Fast turn-around analysis of pharmacists’ responses to market events and trends
- Pharmacists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Pharmacists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
- Pattern analysis of usage of drugs by physicians
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement