The Asian non-absorbable sutures market is driven by aging population, rising incidence of chronic diseases, and surgeries. The market was valued at $65 million in 2013 and is estimated to reach $48 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2013 to 2018.
The report analyzes the market of non-absorbable sutures in terms of materials such as surgical silk, surgical cotton, linen and synthetic non-absorbable polymers. These segments experienced positive growth till 2013. The markets have been witnessing significantly high growth because of the increasing number of surgeries and incidences of burns in the region. But the non-absorbable market has become a mature market as higher profit margins for manufacturers are pushing hospitals to transition from non-absorbable to absorbable sutures. Although absorbable sutures are more expensive, manufacturers are encouraging hospitals to make the switch as it has proven to more efficient in terms of time, cost savings, and clinical efficacy.
The Asian region is an important market for the non-absorbable sutures industry, due to increase in aging population and increase in low disposable income in the region. This invariably results in the use of inexpensive methods of wound healing.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The key market players covered in this report include Smith & Nephew, 3M Healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien, and Molnlycke Healthcare, among others. The segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies are also detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- Applications of the products (segment and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of ulcers, burns, and surgical wounds
- Country-specific patient pool of skin ulcers, diabetic ulcers, neuropathic ulcers, and cardiac surgery
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeons’/Physicians’ Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of products by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connection tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
Alternative Products: Impact analysis
MMM’s Healthcare Decision Making Quadrant It is an innovative and useful quadrant for vendors who wish to analyze the potential growth markets based on parameters such as patient dynamics (patient pool, epidemiology of disease, preference towards surgeries/alternative therapies) and macroeconomic indicators (aging population, reimbursement scenario, treatment rate and healthcare expenditure).
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Asian Sutures Market
The Asian Sutures Market was valued at $145 million in 2013 and estimated to be $169 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 3.2%. Sutures in terms of types are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures and on the basis of materials are divided into natural and synthetic sutures. The key players of the market covered in this report are Smith & Nephew, 3M healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien and Molnlycke healthcare.
European Sutures Market
The European Sutures Market was valued at $233 million in 2013 and estimated to be $246 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 1.30%. Sutures in terms of types are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures and on the basis of materials are divided into natural and synthetic sutures. The key players of the market covered in this report are Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien, Molnlycke healthcare, Smith & Nephew, 3M healthcare and others.
North American Sutures Market
The North American Sutures Market was valued at $705 million in 2013 and estimated to be $763 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 1.80%. Sutures in terms of types are divided into absorbable and non-absorbable sutures and on the basis of materials are divided into natural and synthetic sutures. The key players of the market covered in this report are 3M healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Derma Sciences, Covidien and Molnlycke healthcare, Smith & Nephew and others.