The Asian medical furniture market, mainly driven by the aging population, was valued at $314.97 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $477.64 million by 2018, growing at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2013 to 2018. The medical furniture market is the largest segment of the $2.1 billion home healthcare market.
The report ‘Asian Medical Furniture Market Forecast, 2012-2018’, analyzes the market under home medical furniture, which assists patients to live comfortably. It includes medical chairs, medical beds, and medical furniture accessories. The global market for chairs with medical applications is divided into two segments: the market for rehabilitation chairs and the market for examination and treatment chairs. The rehabilitation chair and examination and treatment chair segments have been contributing around 40% and 30% respectively, in terms of value towards the total medical furniture market. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth because of an increase in the patient pool.
Asia displays a high CAGR 8.7% owing to the rapidly increasing aging population in countries such as India, China, and Japan. North America also shows a stable growth mainly due to the reimbursements offered for specific equipment and the health policies of Medicaid and Medicare.
The global aging population is set to increase from 550 million in 2000 to 973 million by 2030. Japan and South Korea are considered to be the world’s fastest aging countries. The growing number of older adults increases demands on the public health system and on medical and social services due to their increased susceptibility to diseases. Chronic diseases, which affect older adults disproportionately, contribute to disability, diminish quality of life, and increase health- and long-term-care costs.
This report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in the Asian medical furniture market. The major market players in the equipment market and extensively covered in this report are Philips Healthcare (The Netherlands), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.S.), B. Braun (Germany), Medtronic, Inc., (U.S.), Invacare Corporation (U.S.), Baxter International, Inc. (U.S.), and OMRON Corporation (Japan).
The details of segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have also been covered in the report.
Report Customization Options
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM offerings that are in keeping with your company’s specific needs. Customize your report on the Asian medical furniture market to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products in the market (segment wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment wise and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of chronic diseases like diabetes, COPD, asthma, cardiovascular diseases, and osteoarthritis
- Country-specific patient pool of chronic diseases and osteoarthritis
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeon/Physician Perception analysis
- Fast turnaround analysis of surgeons’ response to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of rehabilitation chairs and examination and treatment chairs by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinion about medical furniture from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connection tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of rehabilitation chairs and the market for examination and treatment chairs in major countries
- Company share analysis of top players in the medical furniture market in the Asian region
- Crucial developments and strategies of companies inculcating medical furniture in their portfolio
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement