The Asian high-throughput screening market is mainly driven by target identification & validation, efficacy & safety screening, and monitoring of cell-based activity. The Asian market was valued at $2,547.3 million in 2013, and is expected grow at a CAGR of 9.1%, to reach $3,931.2 million by 2018. The high rate of utilization of high-throughput screening technologies by pharmaceutical companies, for the screening of compound libraries, has contributed to the growth of this market.
The report analyzes the Asian high-throughput screening market, primarily categorized by technology, product, end-user, and application. The technology segment is further categorized into ultra-high-throughput screening (uHTS), cell-based assay, lab-on-a-chip, label-free technology, and bioinformatics. By product, the HTS market is segmented into instrument, consumable/reagent, and software & service. The end-user segment categorizes the high-throughput screening market into pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia & government, and contract research organization. The application segment of the high-throughput screening comprises target identification, primary screening, toxicology, and stem cell biology.
In 2013, the cell-based assay market segment had the largest share in the Asian high-throughput screening market, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2013 to 2018. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the high usage of cell-based high-throughput screening methods of compound screening. The label-free technologies market is expected to grow at a rapid pace, owing to their increasing adoption rate in high-throughput screening laboratories.
The Asian high-throughput screening market is mainly driven by the adoption of open innovation models by pharmaceutical companies to increase the use of high-throughput screening, increasing drug discovery initiatives by academic and government institutions to boost the demand for high-throughput screening products, and increasing capital investments in high-throughput screening technology by major firms such as PerkinElmer (U.S.), Beckman Coulter (U.S.), and Tecan Group (Switzerland), among others. Furthermore, private equity firms and venture capitalists are increasingly investing in the HTS market in countries, such as India, China, and Japan, among others.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The major players in the market include Agilent Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), PerkinElmer (U.S.), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation) (U.S.), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (U.S.), and Tecan Group (Switzerland), among others. Furthermore, segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, you can also customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep-dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Data related to end-user segments of the market, such as pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia and government, and contract research organization
Researchers Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of researchers’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of ultra-high-throughput screening (uHTS), cell-based assay, lab-on-a-chip, label-free technology, and bioinformatics by researchers
- Researchers’ opinions about products from different companies
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our in-built social connect tool checking the vitality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of ultra-high-throughput screening (uHTS), cell-based assay, lab-on-a-chip, label-free technology, and bioinformatics in major countries of the region
- Investments made in the Asian high-throughput screening market
- Company share analysis of the top players in the Asian HTS market
- Crucial developments and strategies that companies inculcate in their portfolios
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement