Dental implants are used in dentistry as an artificial tooth root, which supports restorations that resemble a tooth or group of teeth to replace missing teeth. Dental implants serve as an ideal option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to unfortunate periodontal disease, an injury, or some accident.
Asia forms one of the most promising dental implants markets in the world. The Asian dental implants market is mainly driven by aging population, high decayed, missing, and filled teeth (DMFT) index, and the growing incidence of oral cancer. This market was valued at $818 million in 2013, and is expected to be $1,257 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 7.2%. The titanium dental implants are the largest segment, with a value of $802.1 million, and a share of nearly 97% in 2013, of the total dental implant material market.
The report analyzes the market of implants by 2 segments, namely, dental implant by materials and dental implant by procedures. Dental implants by material is further sub-divided into titanium and zirconium implants. The procedural techniques are further segmented as root form and plate form. All of these segments experienced a positive growth till 2013, owing to an increased awareness for procedures and sophisticated diagnostic techniques. The titanium implants types and root form procedures respectively have been contributing approximately 97% and 3% each to the total Asian dental implants market. Both the markets have been witnessing the maximum growth because of increase in patient pool and procedure numbers of dental replacements and fixtures.
Asian countries offer dental tour packages, which includes the cost of a dental treatment as well as a vacation, and is still lower than the total cost of a dental treatment incurred in the U.S. and the U.K. This is luring more and more Americans and Europeans to avail dental treatments in Asian countries, thereby rendering dental tourism a major source of revenue collection in the same. India is one of the cheapest options for a dental treatment where an implant costs around $900 as compared to $3,500 in the U.S.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in this market. The main companies operating in the dental implants market and extensively covered in this report are Nobel Biocare (Switzerland), DENTSPLY International (U.S.), Straumann (Switzerland), Zimmer Dental (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), 3M ESPE (U.S.), Biomet 3i (U.S.), Ivoclar (Liechtenstein), and Sirona dental (U.S.). The segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and a deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company, mapped at country and sub-segment level
- Country-specific prevalence of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Country-specific patient pool of oral diseases and dental restorations
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- The number of root-form & plate-form procedures performed annually in each country, tracked till sub-segment level
- The number of dental replacement procedures performed in each country
Surgeons / Physicians Perception analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of dentists’ responses to market events and trends
- Dentists’ opinions about products from different companies
- Dentists’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix:
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (Detractor/Neutral/Familiar)
- Cost analysis of dental implant in major countries
- CAD/CAM procedural investment in major countries
- The company share analysis for the top players of the market in the region
- The crucial developments and strategies the key companies inculcate in their portfolio
1.1 Objective of the study
1.2 Market Definitions
1.3 Market Segmentation & Aspects Covered
1.4 Research Methodology
1.4.1 Assumptions (Market Size, Forecast, etc)
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement