Apheresis is a process in which blood of a donor/patient is passed through a medical device, which separates one or more components of blood and returns the remaining with or without extracorporeal treatment or replacement of separated component. This process involves devices and disposables that leverage centrifugation and membrane separation/filtration technologies to separate blood components. The Asian apheresis market was valued at $353.79 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $467.59 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 13.0% from 2013 to 2018. The application of therapeutic apheresis for pediatric treatment is an unexplored market and represents a prospective opportunity in the future.
The report analyzes the segmentation of the apheresis market in terms of procedure, application, technology, product type, and end-users. In terms of procedure, the segments of the market are donor apheresis and therapeutic apheresis (neurologic disorders, blood disorders, TTP, and leukemia, among others), renal disease, and metabolic disorders, among others such as rheumatic disorders, malaria, and hyperviscosity syndrome. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into plasmapheresis, plateletpheresis, erythrocytapheresis, leukoreduction/leukapheresis, photopheresis, lipidpheresis, and immunoadsoption. In terms of technology, the market is segmented into centrifugation and membrane separation/filtration. In terms of product type, devices and disposables constitute the overall market. In term of end-users, blood banks/blood collection centers, and hospitals & attached blood banks, among others form the overall market.
This market is driven by the advantages of apheresis collection over the whole blood collection, huge demand for plasma in plasma fractionation, and research for new applications of therapeutic apheresis. However, the cost of capital investment involved and the challenges in recruiting donors for apheresis collection are inhibiting the growth of this market.
Asian countries are estimated to register the fastest growth of 13%, as compared to the other regions, from 2013 to 2018, to reach $467.59 million. This growth is attributed to the rising demand for blood components. In the next five years, emerging countries are estimated to register the fastest growth rate, primarily due to increasing investments and huge demand for blood components from highly populated countries such as China and India.
The Asian disposables segment accounted for $224.63 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $419.58 million by 2018, at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2013 to 2018. The disposables segment accounted for the largest share of 88.55% in the apheresis market in 2013. The apheresis device market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.5% from 2013 to 2018, to reach a value of $47.68 million by 2018.
Portable devices and advancements in technology are expected to drive this market in the coming years. Increasing apheresis procedures and plasma collection are expected to drive the apheresis disposables market in the coming years.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscaping of the leading companies operating in the apheresis market. The key players in the market include Haemonetics Corporation (U.S.), Fresenius Medical Care (Germany),& Terumo BCT, Inc. (U.S.), Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd. (Japan), Kawasumi Laboratories Inc (Japan), and HemaCare Corporation (U.S.), among others. Furthermore, segment and country-specific company shares, news & deals, M&A, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have been detailed in this report.
Along with the market data, customize the MMM assessments to meet your company’s specific needs. Customize to get a comprehensive summary of the industry standards and deep dive analysis of the following parameters:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix, which gives a detailed comparison of product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment levels
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment-wise and country-wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, leukemia, kidney stone, malaria, rheumatoid arthritis
- Country-specific patient pool of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, leukemia, kidney stone, malaria, rheumatoid arthritis
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Procedure Volume Data
- Number of direct nerve repair, nerve grafting, stem cell therapy, neurostimulation/neuromodulation, and kidney stone procedures performed in each country
Surgeons’/ Physicians’ Perception analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ responses to market events and trends
- Pattern analysis of usage of donor apheresis and therapeutic apheresis by physicians
- Surgeons’ opinions about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- A comprehensive study of customers’ perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connect tool checking the vitality and tonality of blogs
- An analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution (detractor/neutral/familiar)
- Cost analysis of donor apheresis and therapeutic apheresis in the region
- The company share analysis of the apheresis market top players in the region
- The crucial developments and strategies of companies inculcating in their portfolio for the apheresis market
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement
Brazil Medical Devices
Peers of Brazil medical devices are Orthopedic Devices, Ophthalmology devices, Endoscopy and Neurology Devices comprising 12.8%, 9.2%, 7.2% and 1.9% respectively of the Global Medical Devices market. It is segmented on basis of endusers and...