The electrical ablators market of the America is mainly driven by the increasing aging population with higher risk of chronic diseases and increasing procedures through minimal invasive surgery. The market was valued $387 million in 2013 and is expected to reach $480 million by 2018.
Tachycardia and atrial arrhythmia occur in people where cardiac electrical impulses move abnormally through a deviated path involving extra tissue. This impulse creates an abnormal pattern of elevated or decreased heartbeats in a patient. Electrical ablators are used for such conditions and ablate healthy cells so as to cut off electrical impulses that are causing the uneven heartbeats. The procedure can be done percutaneously or by minimally invasive techniques using ultrasound imaging, fluoroscopy, or MRI.
The report "American Electrical Ablators Market Forecast, 2010-2018", analyzes the market of devices under two segments such as argon plasma/beam coagulator and irreversible electroporation. The high success rate (above 70%) for removal of arrhythmic heart conditions is the major factor that is driving this market. There are over 14 million arrhythmia cases with fatality rates of 15% annually. It affects over 10% of the population over the age of 80 globally. This rate of increase in heart conditions is predicted to sustain the electrical ablation technology market through 2016, by a CAGR of 5.2%.
America will continue to be a big market for electrical ablator devices and will continue to offer opportunities in future as established market players consider cancer and cardiovascular diseases as the top application ares. As the patient population will increase, it will lead to an increase in the procedural volume of minimally invasive surgeries, ultimately giving rise to increase the demand for electrical ablators.
Traditional electric ablation probes are not effective for ablating certain tissue types such as adhesions which develop in a large fraction of patients after surgery. Thus, there is an unmet need for devices that are suitable for ablating a variety of abnormal tissues, adhesions, and fibrous growths. Minimally invasive surgical devices are yet another area of expansion for market players in the ablation technologies market.
The report also provides an extensive competitive landscape of companies operating in the electrical ablator market. The key players of the market covered in this report are ConMed Corporation (U.S), Medtronic (U.S), Boston Scientific Corporation (U.S), AngioDynamics (U.S), and Covidien plc (Ireland).
The details of segment and country-specific company shares, news and deals, mergers and acquisitions, segment-specific pipeline products, product approvals, and product recalls of the major companies have also been covered in the report.
Along with market data, you can also customize MMM assessments that meet your company’s specific needs. Customize your report to get an insight into all-inclusive industry standards and a deep-dive analysis of the following considerations:
- Usage pattern (in-depth trend analysis) of products (segment-wise)
- Product matrix which gives a detailed comparison of the product portfolio of each company mapped at country and sub-segment level
- End-user adoption rate analysis of the products (segment and country wise)
- Comprehensive coverage of product approvals, pipeline products, and product recalls
- Country-specific prevalence and patient pool of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, gynecological disorders, and orthopedic disorders
- Disease progression (pattern analysis)
Surgeon/Physician's Perception Analysis
- Fast turn-around analysis of surgeons’ response to market events and trends
- Surgeons’ opinion about products from different companies
- Surgeons’ qualitative inputs on epidemiology data
Brand/Product Perception Matrix
- Comprehensive study of customers perception and behavior through our inbuilt social connection tool checking the virality and tonality of blogs
- Analysis of overall brand usage and familiarity and brand advocacy distribution
Please fill in the form below to receive a free copy of the Summary of this Report
Please visit http://www.micromarketmonitor.com/custom-research-services.html to specify your custom Research Requirement